The Corporate Governance of Benedictine Abbeys: What can Stock Corporations Learn from Monasteries?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bell, Adrian & Sutcliffe, Charles, 2010.
"Valuing medieval annuities: Were corrodies underpriced?,"
Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 142-157, April.
- Adrian Bell & Charles Sutcliffe, 2007. "Valuing Medieval Annuities: Were Corrodies Underpriced?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-15, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Jul 2009.
- Peter Wirtz & Odile Paulus & Patrice Charlier, 2011. "Gouvernance et création de valeur cognitive : L'exemple de l'ordre des prêcheurs," Post-Print halshs-00642977, HAL.
- Peter Wirtz, 2013. "Gouvernance et efficacité missionnaire de la Compagnie de Jésus : les enseignements d'une théorie élargie de la gouvernance," Working Papers halshs-00862068, HAL.
- Peter Wirtz, 2014.
"Governance and missionary effectiveness of the Company of Jesus: lessons from an extended theory of governance,"
- Peter Wirtz, 2015. "Governance and Missionary Effectiveness of the Company of Jesus: Lessons from an Extended Theory of Governance," Post-Print hal-01159800, HAL.
- Peter Wirtz & Odile Paulus & Patrice Charlier, 2012. "La gouvernance des Dominicains au-delà des théories établies," Working Papers halshs-00691233, HAL.
- Beckmann Klaus & Gerrits Carsten, 2009. "ArmutsbekÃ¤mpfung durch Reduktion von Korruption: eine Rolle fÃ¼r Unternehmen? / Fighting poverty by fighting corruption: A task for private enterprise?," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 60(1), pages 463-494, January.
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Rothlin, 2015. "Catholic Orders as Efficient Institutions," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-12, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate Governance; Principal-Agency-Theory; Psychological Economics; Monasteries; Benedictine Order;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CTA-2008-06-13 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HIS-2008-06-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-06-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.