The impact of regional and demographic factors on the efficiency of German savings banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Jesús Pastor & José Pastor, 2002. "An Efficiency Comparison of European Banking Systems Operating under Different Environmental Conditions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 59-77, July.
- Mohamed Chaffai & Michel Dietsch & Ana Lozano-Vivas, 2001. "Technological and Environmental Differences in the European Banking Industries," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2006. "Effizienz der österreichischen Banken. Eine Best-Practice-Analyse," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 79(11), pages 795-804, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hong Liu & Phil Molyneux & John O. S. Wilson, 2013.
"Competition And Stability In European Banking: A Regional Analysis,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 81(2), pages 176-201, March.
- Phil Molyneux & Hong Liu & John O.S. Wilson, 2010. "Competition and Stability in European Banking: A Regional Analysis," Working Papers 10019, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Laura Carosi & Giovanna D'Inverno & Letizia Ravagli, 2014. "Global public spending efficiency in Tuscan municipalities," Discussion Papers 2014/175, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Samantas, Ioannis, 2013. "Bank competition and financial (in)stability in Europe: A sensitivity analysis," MPRA Paper 51621, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samantas, Ioannis G., 2017. "On the optimality of bank competition policy," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 39-53.
- Bönisch, Peter & Haug, Peter & Illy, Annette & Schreier, Lukas, 2011. "Municipality Size and Efficiency of Local Public Services: Does Size Matter?," IWH Discussion Papers 18/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Giuliana Birindelli & Paola Ferretti & Marco Savioli, 2016. "Basel 3: Does One Size Really Fit All Banks' Business Models?," Working Paper series 16-20, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Ioannis G. Samantas, 2016. "On the optimality of bank competition policy," Working Papers 209, Bank of Greece.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Conrad, Alexander & Neuberger, Doris & Trigo Gamarra, Lucinda, 2009. "Der Einfluss regionaler und demographischer Umfeldfaktoren auf die Kosten- und Ertragssituation von Sparkassen: Eine Effizienzanalyse," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 107, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency in Europe. Assessing Bank Performance Across Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31499, December.
- Williams, Jonathan, 2004. "Determining management behaviour in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2427-2460, October.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Schmiedel, H., 2007.
"Is there a single frontier in a single European banking market?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2081-2102, July.
- Bos, Jaap W. B. & Schmiedel, Heiko, 2006. "Is there a single frontier in a single European banking market?," Working Paper Series 701, European Central Bank.
- Belousova, V. & Kozyr, I., 2016. "How Do Macroeconomic Indicators Influence Banking Profitability in Russia?," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 77-103.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Thoraneenitiyan, Nakhun, 2010. "Purging data before productivity analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 294-302, March.
- Williams, Jonathan & Nguyen, Nghia, 2005. "Financial liberalisation, crisis, and restructuring: A comparative study of bank performance and bank governance in South East Asia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2119-2154, August.
- Béjaoui Rouissi, Raoudha, 2011. "Cost and profit efficiency of french commercial banks," MPRA Paper 34245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Belousova, Veronika & Karminsky, Alexander & Kozyr, Ilya, 2018. "The macroeconomic and institutional determinants of the profit efficiency frontier for Russian banks," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 49, pages 91-114.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2009.
"IMF Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes: Evidence from East Asia,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 167-187, April.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2008. "Imf Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes:Evidence From East Asia," CARF F-Series CARF-F-128, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Mohamed Ariff & Luc Can, 2009. "IMF Bank-Restructuring Efficiency Outcomes: Evidence from East Asia," CARF F-Series CARF-F-148, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Kool, C.J.M., 2006.
"Bank efficiency: The role of bank strategy and local market conditions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1953-1974, July.
- J.W.B. Bos & C.J.M. Kool, 2004. "Bank Efficiency the Role of Bank Strategy and Local Market Conditions," DNB Working Papers 002, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Lee, Chi-Chuan & Huang, Tai-Hsin, 2016. "Productivity changes in pre-crisis Western European banks: Does scale effect really matter?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 29-48.
- Mariani Abdul-Majid & David Saal & Giuliana Battisti, 2010. "Efficiency in Islamic and conventional banking: an international comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 25-43, August.
- Lozano-Vivas, Ana & Pastor, Jesús, 2007. "Do Performance and Environmental Conditions Behave as Barriers for Cross-Country Banking Activity in Europe?," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Amaya Altuzarra & Jesús Ferreiro & Catalina Gálvez & Carmen Gómez & Ana González & Patricia Peinado & Carlos Rodríguez & Felipe Serrano, 2013. "Studies in Financial Systems No 6 Report on the Spanish Financial System," FESSUD studies fstudy06, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011.
"Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 515-525.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011. "Modelling the effect of national culture on multinational banks' performance: A conditional robust nonparametric frontier analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 515-525, January.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Simper, Richard, 2006.
"The impact of macroeconomic and regulatory factors on bank efficiency: A non-parametric analysis of Hong Kong's banking system,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1443-1466, May.
- Leigh M. Drake & Maximilian J. B. Hall & Richard Simper, 2005. "The Impact of Macroeconomic and Regulatory Factors on Bank Efficiency: A Non-Parametric Analysis of Hong Kong's Banking System," Working Papers 012005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Abdul-Majid, Mariani & Falahaty, Manizheh & Jusoh, Mansor, 2017. "Performance of Islamic and conventional banks: A meta-frontier approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1327-1335.
- J.W.B. Bos & H. Schmiedel, 2003. "Comparing Efficiency in European Banking: a Meta Frontier Approach," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 57, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Cubillas, Elena & Suárez, Nuria, 2018. "Bank market power and lending during the global financial crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 1-22.
More about this item
Keywordssavings banks; efficiency; Data Envelopment Analysis; demographic change; regional disparities;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2009-11-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:roswps:111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ivrosde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.