Decomposing R2 with the Owen value
We provide an axiomatization-based justification for applying the Owen value to decompose R2 in OLS models if prior knowledge can be used to form groups of regressor variables. The assumptions made by the axioms are not only plausible with respect to the variables but also clarify the meaning of the exogenous grouping of variables.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wifa.uni-leipzig.de/en/dekanat.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ulrike Groemping, . "Relative Importance for Linear Regression in R: The Package relaimpo," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(i01).
- repec:spr:compst:v:66:y:2007:i:2:p:255-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anger, Silke & Heineck, Guido, 2010.
"Cognitive Abilities and Earnings – First Evidence for Germany,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 699-702.
- Silke Anger & Guido Heineck, 2010. "Cognitive abilities and earnings - first evidence for Germany," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 699-702.
- Osnat Israeli, 2007. "A Shapley-based decomposition of the R-Square of a linear regression," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 199-212, August.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Winter, Eyal, 1989. "A Value for Cooperative Games with Levels Structure of Cooperation," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 227-40.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:leiwps:100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.