Decomposing R2 with the Owen value
We provide an axiomatization-based justification for applying the Owen value to decompose R2 in OLS models if prior knowledge can be used to form groups of regressor variables. The assumptions made by the axioms are not only plausible with respect to the variables but also clarify the meaning of the exogenous grouping of variables.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Marschnerstraße 31, 04109 Leipzig|
Web page: http://www.wifa.uni-leipzig.de/en/dekanat.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spr:compst:v:66:y:2007:i:2:p:255-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anger, Silke & Heineck, Guido, 2010.
"Cognitive Abilities and Earnings – First Evidence for Germany,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 699-702.
- Silke Anger & Guido Heineck, 2010. "Cognitive abilities and earnings - first evidence for Germany," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 699-702.
- Winter, Eyal, 1989. "A Value for Cooperative Games with Levels Structure of Cooperation," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(2), pages 227-240.
- Groemping, Ulrike, 2006. "Relative Importance for Linear Regression in R: The Package relaimpo," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 17(i01).
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Osnat Israeli, 2007. "A Shapley-based decomposition of the R-Square of a linear regression," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(2), pages 199-212, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:leiwps:100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.