Accession incentives for institutional change in post-socialist countries: cross-section and country evidence from NATO enlargement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas M. Gibler & Jamil A. Sewell, 2006. "External Threat and Democracy: The Role of NATO Revisited," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 43(4), pages 413-431, July.
- Rainer Schweickert & Inna Melnykovska & Ansgar Belke & Ingo Bordon, 2011.
"Prospective NATO or EU membership and institutional change in transition countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(4), pages 667-692, October.
- Belke, Ansgar & Bordon, Ingo G. & Melnykovska, Inna & Schweickert, Rainer, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," Ruhr Economic Papers 131, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Bordon, Ingo & Melnykovska, Inna & Schweickert, Rainer, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4483, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ansgar Belke & Ingo Bordon & Inna Melnykovska & Rainer Schweickert, 2009. "Prospective NATO or EU Membership and Institutional Change in Transition Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 915, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Maria L. Di Tommaso & Martin Raiser & Melvyn Weeks, 2007. "Home Grown or Imported? Initial Conditions, External Anchors and the Determinants of Institutional Reform in the Transition Economies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(520), pages 858-881, April.
- Vachudova, Milada Anna, 2005. "Europe Undivided: Democracy, Leverage, and Integration After Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241194.
More about this item
KeywordsNATO Enlargement; Democratization; Institutions; Transition; Conflict; FYR Macedonia;
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- P30 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - General
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwkwp:1597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .