On the Implications of Different Cash-in-Advance Constraints With Endogenous Labour
It is shown that, in contrast to models with fixed labour, a change in monetary policy involving an increase in the inflation rate would have the same qualitative effects on steady state capital, consumption, and employment, regardless of whether only consumption or both consumption and investment are subject to Cash-in-Advance (CIA) constraints. The dynamics of the two models regarding employment and capital are also very similar qualitatively. Only the dynamics of consumption are sligtly different. Some numerical analysis is also carried out to gauge the quantitative difference between the two models.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3|
Phone: (416) 736-5083
Fax: (416) 736-5987
Web page: http://dept.econ.yorku.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985.
"Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1985. "Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model," NBER Working Papers 1549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Arman Mansoorian & Mohammed Mohsin, 2004.
"Monetary policy in a cash-in-advance economy: employment, capital accumulation, and the term structure of interest rates,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 336-352, May.
- Arman Mansoorian & Mohammed Mohsin, 2002. "Monetary Policy in a Cash-in-Advance Economy Employment, Capital Accumulation and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Working Papers 2002_02, York University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"Inflation Targeting in Emerging-Market Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 105-109, May.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yca:wpaper:2002_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Support)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.