On Stock Market Dynamics through Ultrametricity of Minimum Spanning Tree
We analyze the evolving price °uctuations by using ultrametric distance of minimally spanning ¯nancial tree of stocks traded in Jakarta Stock Exchange 2000-2004. Ultrametricity is derived from transformation of correlation coe±cients into the distances among stocks. Our analysis evaluates the performance of ups and downs of stock prices and discovers the evolution towards the ¯nancial and economic stabilization in Indonesia. This is partly recognized by mapping the hierarchical trees upon the realization of liquid and illiquid stocks. We remind that the methodology is useful in two terms: the evaluation of spectral market movements and intuitively understanding for portfolio management purposes.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Bonanno & F. Lillo & R. N. Mantegna, 2001.
"High-frequency cross-correlation in a set of stocks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 96-104.
- Giovanni Bonanno & Fabrizio Lillo & Rosario N. Mantegna, 2000. "High-frequency Cross-correlation in a Set of Stocks," Papers cond-mat/0009350, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2000.
- Makowiec, D., 2004. "On modeling of inefficient market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 36-40.
- Rama Cont & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 1997. "Herd behavior and aggregate fluctuations in financial markets," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500028, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Bonanno, Giovanni & Lillo, Fabrizio & Mantegna, Rosario N., 2001. "Levels of complexity in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 16-27.
- Giovanni Bonanno & Fabrizio Lillo & Rosario N. Mantegna, 2001. "Levels of complexity in financial markets," Papers cond-mat/0104369, arXiv.org.
- Cont, Rama & Bouchaud, Jean-Philipe, 2000. "Herd Behavior And Aggregate Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 170-196, June.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:4:y:2000:i:2:p:170-96 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0505010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.