Firm size and export performance: some empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Rogers & Yi-Ping Tseng, 2000. "Analysing Firm-Level Labour Productivity Using Survey Data," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n10, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Roper, Stephen & Love, James H., 2002. "Innovation and export performance: evidence from the UK and German manufacturing plants," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1087-1102, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P. Laplagne & M. Glover & T. Fry, 2005. "The Growth of Labour Hire Employment in Australia," Staff Working Papers 0501, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Tatiana M. C. Monteiro & Maria do Rosário A. Moreira & Paulo S. A. Sousa, 2013. "Relationship between Firm Size and Export Performance: An Exploratory Analysis," Economics and Management Research Projects: An International Journal, Open Access International Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 9-23, December.
- Abdul Rashid & Shahid Mahmood Waqar, 2017. "Exchange rate fluctuations, firm size, and export behavior: an empirical investigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 609-625, October.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007. "Exporter and Non-Exporter Productivity Differentials: Evidence from Australian Manufacturing Establishments," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n04, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bettina Peters & Rebecca Riley & Iulia Siedschlag & Priit Vahter & John McQuinn, 2014.
"Innovation and Productivity in Services: Evidence from Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom,"
JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2014-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Peters, Bettina & Riley, Rebecca & Siedschlag, Iulia & Vahter, Priit & McQuinn, John, 2014. "Innovation and Productivity in Services:Evidence from Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," Papers WP480, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011. "R&D, Innovation and Exporting," SERC Discussion Papers 0073, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & Freel, Mark, 2010. "Absorptive capacity and the reach of collaboration in high technology small firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 47-54, February.
- Maria Luisa Mancusi & Andrea Vezzulli & Serena Frazzoni & Zeno Rotondi & Maurizio Sobrero, 2018. "Export and Innovation in Small and Medium Enterprises: The Role of Concentrated Bank Borrowing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 85(337), pages 177-204, January.
- Roper, Stephen & Hewitt-Dundas, Nola & Love, James H., 2004. "An ex ante evaluation framework for the regional benefits of publicly supported R&D projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 487-509, April.
- Pham Dinh Long & Ho Thi Mai Anh, 2017. "Innovation and Productivity of Vietnamese Small and Medium Enterprises: Firm Level Panel Data Evidence," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 226-232.
- Simachev, Yuri & Kuzyk, Mikhail & Ivanov, Denis, 2012. "Fostering innovation in Russian companies in the post-crisis period: Opportunities and constraints," MPRA Paper 41284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halima Jibril & Stephen Roper, 2022. "Of chickens and eggs: Exporting, innovation novelty and productivity," Working Papers 027, The Productivity Institute.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan & Mohammad Zohair, 2015. "Subnational Export Performance and Determinants," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 7(2), pages 133-174, August.
- Hanh Vu Thi, 2015. "Essays on the Export Performance of Vietnam/Essais sur la Performance à l'Exportation du Vietnam," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/216765, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mendi, Pedro & Mudida, Robert, 2018. "The effect on innovation of beginning informal: Empirical evidence from Kenya," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 326-335.
- Pascucci, Stefano & Royer, Annie & Bijman, Jos, 2012. "To Make or to Buy: Is this the Question?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013.
"The Role of Product Innovation Output on Export Behavior of Firms,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2013/38, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "The Role of Product Innovation Output on Export Behavior of Firms," Working Papers 2013/05, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Stephan Brunow & Luise Pestel & Mark Partridge, 2019. "Exports of firms and diversity: an empirical assessment for Germany," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 151-175, February.
- Trinh, Long Q., 2016. "Dynamics of Innovation and Internationalization among Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Viet Nam," ADBI Working Papers 580, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Castellani, Davide & Fassio, Claudio, 2016.
"Import, Export and Multinationality. Evidence from Swedish Firms,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2016/30, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Davide Castellani & Claudio Fassio, 2016. "Import, Export and Multinationality. Evidence from Swedish Firms," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2016-08, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Bettina Peters & Rebecca Riley & Iulia Siedschlag & Priit Vahter & John McQuinn, 2018.
"Internationalisation, innovation and productivity in services: evidence from Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 154(3), pages 585-615, August.
- Bettina Peters & Rebecca Riley & Iulia Siedschlag & Priit Vahter & John McQuinn, 2018. "Internationalisation, Innovation And Productivity In Services:Evidence From Germany, Ireland And The United Kingdom," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 108, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Peters, Bettina & Riley, Rebecca R. & Siedschlag, Iulia & Vahter, Priit & McQuinni, John, 2018. "Internationalisation, innovation and productivity in services: Evidence from Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," ZEW Discussion Papers 18-009, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Lewandowska, Małgorzata Stefania & Szymura-Tyc, Maja & Gołębiowski, Tomasz, 2016. "Innovation complementarity, cooperation partners, and new product export: Evidence from Poland," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3673-3681.
- Ketan Reddy & Radeef Chundakkadan & Subash Sasidharan, 2021. "Firm innovation and global value chain participation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 1995-2015, December.
- Steve Fothergill & Tony Gore & Peter Wells, 2019. "Industrial strategy and the UK regions: sectorally narrow and spatially blind," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 12(3), pages 445-466.
More about this item
Keywordsfirm size - exports - performance - business - company - exporters;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2003-05-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENT-2003-05-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2003-05-08 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0304003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.