Open Source vs. Proprietary Software: Competition and Compatibility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cremer, Helmuth & Marchand, Maurice & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989.
"The Public Firm as an Instrument for Regulating an Oligopolistic Market,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 283-301, April.
- Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Thisse, J.-F., 1987. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," CORE Discussion Papers 1987010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CREMER, Helmuth & MARCHAND,Â Maurice & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 1989. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," CORE Discussion Papers RP 832, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
More about this item
KeywordsOpen Source Software; Proprietary Software; Compatibility; Competition;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0508008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.