Open Source vs. Proprietary Software: Competition and Compatibility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cremer, Helmuth & Marchand, Maurice & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1989.
"The Public Firm as an Instrument for Regulating an Oligopolistic Market,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 283-301, April.
- Cremer, H. & Marchand, M. & Thisse, J.-F., 1987. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1987010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CREMER, Helmuth & MARCHAND, Maurice & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1989. "The public firm as an instrument for regulating an oligopolistic market," LIDAM Reprints CORE 832, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Ghemawat, Pankaj, 2003. "Dynamic mixed duopoly: A model motivated by Linux vs. Windows," IESE Research Papers D/519, IESE Business School.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhaoli Meng & Sang-Yong Tom Lee, 2005. "Open Source vs. Proprietary Software: Competition and Compatibility," Industrial Organization 0508009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johan Willner, 2003. "Privatisation and Public Ownership in Finland," CESifo Working Paper Series 1012, CESifo.
- Wiebke Roß & Jens Weghake, 2018. "Wa(h)re Liebe: Was Online-Dating-Plattformen über zweiseitige Märkte lehren," TUC Working Papers in Economics 0017, Abteilung für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Clausthal (Department of Economics, Technical University Clausthal).
- Marta Gancarczyk, 2010. "Model schyłku i odrodzenia klastrów," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 3, pages 1-21.
- María Fernanda Viecens, 2009. "Compatibility with Firm Dominance," Working Papers 2009-12, FEDEA.
- Lambertini, Luca, 1997. "Optimal Fiscal Regime in a Spatial Duopoly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 407-420, May.
- Shaheer, Noman Ahmed & Li, Sali, 2020. "The CAGE around cyberspace? How digital innovations internationalize in a virtual world," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(1).
- Estelle Malavolti, 2016. "Single Till or Dual Till at airports: a Two-Sided Market Analysis," Post-Print hal-01406372, HAL.
- Carlo Cambini & Yossi Spiegel, 2016. "Investment and Capital Structure of Partially Private Regulated Firms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 487-515, April.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2011.
"The Complex Interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers,"
Chapters, in: Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 16,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2010. "The complex interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers," ICER Working Papers 07-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jahn, Eric & Prüfer, Jens, 2008.
"Interconnection and competition among asymmetric networks in the Internet backbone market,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 243-256, September.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Other publications TiSEM bd881fcf-2f45-48ed-bac7-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-033, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Other publications TiSEM c6650f47-dc14-4292-87c1-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-122, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beomjin Choi & T. S. Raghu & Ajay Vinzé & Kevin J. Dooley, 2019. "Effectiveness of standards consortia: Social network perspectives," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 405-416, April.
- Zemsky, Peter & Adner, Ron, 2003. "Disruptive Technologies and the Emergence of Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Marini & Alberto Zevi, 2011.
"‘Just one of us’: consumers playing oligopoly in mixed markets,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 239-263, November.
- Marco, Marini & Alberto, Zevi, 2010. "'Just one of us': Consumers playing oligopoly in mixed markets," MPRA Paper 31213, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2011.
- Yang, Ya-Po & Wu, Shih-Jye & Hu, Jin-Li, 2014. "Market Structure, Production Efficiency, And Privatization," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 55(1), pages 89-108, June.
- Luca Lambertini & Arsen Palestini & Alessandro Tampieri, 2016. "CSR in an Asymmetric Duopoly with Environmental Externality," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 83(1), pages 236-252, July.
- Edgardo Arturo Ayala Gaytán, 2009. "Social network externalities and price dispersion in online markets," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 1-28, November.
- V. I. Blanutsa, 2022. "Geographic Research of the Platform Economy: Existing and Potential Approaches," Regional Research of Russia, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 133-142, June.
- Jin, Laiqun & Dai, Jiaying & Jiang, Weijie & Cao, Kairui, 2023. "Digital finance and misallocation of resources among firms: Evidence from China," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Antonio Estache & Marco Manacorda & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2002.
"Telecommunications Reform, Access Regulation, and Internet Adoption in Latin America,"
Economía Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 153-218, January.
- Estache, Antonio & Manacorda, Marco & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2002. "Telecommunication reforms, access regulation, and Internet adoption in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2802, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsOpen Source Software; Proprietary Software; Compatibility; Competition;
All these keywords.
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0508008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.