Estimating and testing intertemporal preferences: A unified framework for consumption, work and savings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, William A & Hahm, Jeong Ho, 1994. "Financial-Firm Production of Monetary Services: A Generalized Symmetric Barnett Variable-Profit-Function Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(1), pages 33-46, January.
- Barnett, William A, 1983. "New Indices of Money Supply and the Flexible Laurent Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 7-23, January.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Chaudhuri, Anita, 1995. "On the relationship between the Frisch and Slutsky decompositions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3-4), pages 283-290, March.
- Browning, Martin & Deaton, Angus & Irish, Margaret, 1985. "A Profitable Approach to Labor Supply and Commodity Demands over the Life-Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 503-543, May.
- Philip Merrigan, 1994. "Family Labor Supply and the Life Cycle: Estimating the Browning, Deaton and Irish Household Model," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 26, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- David L. Ryan & Terence J. Wales, 1999. "Flexible And Semiflexible Consumer Demands With Quadratic Engel Curves," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 277-287, May.
- Blackorby, Charles & Primont, Daniel & Russell, R. Robert, 1977. "On testing separability restrictions with flexible functional forms," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 195-209, March.
- Meghir, Costas & Weber, Guglielmo, 1996. "Intertemporal Nonseparability or Borrowing Restrictions? A Disaggregate Analysis Using a U.S. Consumption Panel," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1151-1181, September.
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1986. "Intertemporal Substitution in Labor Supply: Evidence from Micro Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 176-215, June.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1991. "The Rank of Demand Systems: Theory and Nonparametric Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 711-730, May.
- Kim, H Youn, 1993. "Frisch Demand Functions and Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 445-454, August.
- Cooper, Russel J. & McLaren, Keith R. & Wong, Gary K. K., 2001. "On the empirical exploitation of consumers' profit functions in static analyses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 181-187, August.
More about this item
Keywordsintertemporal; consumption; labor; labour; wealth; savings; PSID; Panel Study of Income Dynamics; consumer profit function;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:0409002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.