No-Arbitrage Bounds on Contingent Claims Prices with Convex Constraints on the Dollar Investments of the Hedge Portfolio
With constrained portfolios, contingent claims do not generally have a unique price, for which there are no arbitrage opportunities. We generalize earlier results of El Karoui and Quenez (1995) and Cvitanic and Karatzas (1993) by showing that there is an interval of no-arbitrage prices, when there are convex constraints on the dollar investments in the assets in the hedge portfolio. We also show that the bounds of the no-arbitrage interval can be found by solving two stochastic control problems, and we demonstrate how to solve these problems numerically.
|Date of creation:||17 Dec 1997|
|Note:||Type of Document - LaTeX 2e; to print on PostScript; pages: 30 ; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alain Bensoussan & Robert J. Elliott, 1995. "Attainable Claims In A Markov Market," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 121-131.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H., 1997. "Numerical analysis of a free-boundary singular control problem in financial economics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 297-327.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1983. "A stochastic calculus model of continuous trading: Complete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 313-316, August.
- Claus Munk, 1997. "Optimal Consumption/Investment Policies with Undiversifiable Income Risk and Borrowing Constraints," Finance 9712003, EconWPA.
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Rust, John, 1996. "Numerical dynamic programming in economics," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 619-729 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9712006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.