No-Arbitrage Bounds on Contingent Claims Prices with Convex Constraints on the Dollar Investments of the Hedge Portfolio
With constrained portfolios, contingent claims do not generally have a unique price, for which there are no arbitrage opportunities. We generalize earlier results of El Karoui and Quenez (1995) and Cvitanic and Karatzas (1993) by showing that there is an interval of no-arbitrage prices, when there are convex constraints on the dollar investments in the assets in the hedge portfolio. We also show that the bounds of the no-arbitrage interval can be found by solving two stochastic control problems, and we demonstrate how to solve these problems numerically.
|Date of creation:||17 Dec 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - LaTeX 2e; to print on PostScript; pages: 30 ; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Claus Munk, 1997. "Optimal Consumption/Investment Policies with Undiversifiable Income Risk and Borrowing Constraints," Finance 9712003, EconWPA.
- Rust, John, 1996. "Numerical dynamic programming in economics," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 619-729 Elsevier.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H., 1997. "Numerical analysis of a free-boundary singular control problem in financial economics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 297-327.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1983. "A stochastic calculus model of continuous trading: Complete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 313-316, August.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Alain Bensoussan & Robert J. Elliott, 1995. "Attainable Claims In A Markov Market," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 121-131.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9712006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.