Limit Order Book Reconstruction And Beyond: An Application To Istanbul Stock Exchange
We discuss the use of order book as a source of information and show step by step the procedure of its reconstruction for the case of Istanbul Stock Exchange. We then propose many new variables derived from the order book potentially prolific for future research. We also put forward an original approach by incorporating trades into the order book.
|Date of creation:||20 Oct 2005|
|Date of revision:||24 Oct 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 24. This is a paper about the tools, a kind of 'Discours sur la méthode'. It's not theoretical at all, but would help empirical work. Please, do not cite or quote without permission.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anthony Hall & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2006.
"Order aggressiveness and order book dynamics,"
Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 973-1005, January.
- Beltran, Héléna & Grammig, Joachim & Menkveld, Albert J., 2005. "Understanding the limit order book: Conditioning on trade informativeness," CFR Working Papers 05-05, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1999. "A Specialist's Quoted Depth and the Limit Order Book," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 747-771, 04.
- Frey, Stefan & Grammig, Joachim, 2005. "Liquidity supply and adverse selection in a pure limit order book market," CFR Working Papers 05-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Stefan Frey & Joachim Grammig, 2006. "Liquidity supply and adverse selection in a pure limit order book market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 1007-1033, January.
- Helena Beltran & Albert J. Menkveld, 2004. "Understanding limit order book depth: conditioning on trade informativeness," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 142, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0510025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.