Multivariate Partial Distribution: A New Method of Pricing Group Assets and Analyzing the Risk for Hedging
Based on the Partial Distribution (Feng Dai, 2001), a new model to price an asset (MPA) is given. Going a step further, this paper puts forward the Multivariate Partial Distribution (MPD) for the first time. By use of MPD, we could gain a new kind of model for pricing the group assets (MPGA), in which the competition and cooperation are considered. Based on MPGA, the integrated risk of group assets can be divided to hedging risk and independent risk, and the corresponding models are given. So we could analyze the price risk of group assets in more particular way. The conclusions show that assets are hedged in simple way of one to one can not eliminates completely their market risk in many cases. So there should be an optimal ratio between underlying asset and its derivative in hedging. The approach to determine the optimal ratio in hedging is offered in this paper. By the MPA and MPGA, we also could interpret five of interesting economic propositions in analytic way.
|Date of creation:||24 Jul 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15. There is the analysis for optimal hedging risk in this paper.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://22.214.171.124|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breeden, Douglas T., 1979. "An intertemporal asset pricing model with stochastic consumption and investment opportunities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 265-296, September.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1978. "Mutual fund separation in financial theory--The separating distributions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 254-286, April.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Feng Dai & Zifu Qin, 2004.
"Df Structure Models For Options Pricing,"
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0507012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.