Using Trade-off Information in Attributes' Investing
The paper describes the use of trade-off information to create effective stock portfolio characterized by the desired values of selected stock attributes. The basic notions behind such a process of portfolio creation are discussed and related to multi attribute analysis which is done by evaluating compensations among the attributes' values. A framework to construct a portfolio using only compensatory information is presented and applied to the analysis of stocks traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg|
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ziemba, William T., 1994. "World wide security market regularities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 198-229, April.
- Gardiner, Lorraine R. & Steuer, Ralph E., 1994. "Unified interactive multiple objective programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 391-406, May.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Moskowitz, Herbert & Wallenius, Jyrki, 1992. "Multiple criteria decision support - A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 361-375, December.
- Stanley Zionts & Jyrki Wallenius, 1983. "An Interactive Multiple Objective Linear Programming Method for a Class of Underlying Nonlinear Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 519-529, May.
- James S. Dyer & Peter C. Fishburn & Ralph E. Steuer & Jyrki Wallenius & Stanley Zionts, 1992. "Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Multiattribute Utility Theory: The Next Ten Years," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 645-654, May.
- I. Kaliszewski & W. Michalowski, 1997. "Psychological Stability of Solutions in the Multiple Criteria Decision Problems," Working Papers ir97060, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Spronk, Jaap & Hallerbach, Winfried, 1997. "Financial modelling: Where to go? With an illustration for portfolio management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 113-125, May.
- William F. Messier, Jr. & James V. Hansen, 1988. "Inducing Rules for Expert System Development: An Example Using Default and Bankruptcy Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1403-1415, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir98019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.