An Evolutionary Model for Spatial Location of Economic Facilities
Locating an economic facility, warehouse, plant, retail store, etc., is one of the most important questions that a business company faces. In this paper we consider a normative model for a certain class of relocation processes. That is, when one location structure is gradually substituted by another one. This happens in response to external factors such as appearance of competitors or change of demand. Thus, we are facing with sequential decisions and the model and algorithm corresponding to them become endogenously dynamic. An evolutionary model for location of economic facilities is presented. Its application to an empirical case, namely changing locations of alcohol distribution stores, is briefly presented.
|Date of creation:||Feb 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg|
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G Leonardi, 1981. "A Unifying Framework for Public Facility Location Problemsâ€”Part 1: A Critical Overview and Some Unsolved Problems," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 13(8), pages 1001-1028, August.
- Hakimi, S. Louis, 1983. "On locating new facilities in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-35, January.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1995. "Recent Evolutionary Theorizing about Economic Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 48-90, March.
- Graves, Philip E. & Mueser, Peter R., 1993. "The role of equilibrium and disequilibrium in modeling regional growth and decline: a critical reassessment," MPRA Paper 19915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G Leonardi, 1981. "A Unifying Framework for Public Facility Location Problemsâ€”Part 2: Some New Models and Extensions," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 13(9), pages 1085-1108, September.
- G Leonardi, 1981. "A unifying framework for public facility location problems - part 2: Some new models and extensions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(9), pages 1085-1108, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir97003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.