The effects of change in grants-in-aid regime and cuts on grants on municipalities' expenditures in Finland
In this paper the role of grants-in-aid in the Finnish municipal sector will be studied. Bearing in mind that there are important dynamic interrelationships between the taxing, spending decisions and grants-in-aid policy, an econometric analysis of the municipalities' expenditures using panel data will be carried out. Firstly, a comparison of two grants-in-aid systems, one based on matching grants and the other on general grants will be made. Secondly, an analysis of the effects of cuts on the municipalities' grants will be done.
|Date of creation:||Aug 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990.
"The impact of federal and state grants on local government spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
archive-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: a Test of the Fiscal Illusion Hypothesis," Public Finance Review, , vol. 18(3), pages 313-327, July.
- P.J. Grossman, 1988. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 88-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Matz Dahlberg & Eva Johansson, 1998. "The revenues-expenditures nexus: panel data evidence from Swedish municipalities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1379-1386.
- Dollery, Brian E & Worthington, Andrew C, 1996. " The Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Illusion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 261-97, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa98p296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.