Measuring Progress in Transition and Towards EU Accession: A Comparison of Manufacturing Firms in Poland, Romania, and Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wendy Carlin & Saul Estrin & Mark Schaffer, 2000. "Measuring Progress in Transition and Towards EU Accession: A Comparison of Manufacturing Firms in Poland, Romania and Spain," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5), pages 699-728, December.
- Wendy Carlin & Saul Estrin & Mark E. Schaffer, 1999. "Measuring Progress in Transition and towards EU Accession. A comparison of manufacturing firms in Poland, Romania and Spain," CERT Discussion Papers 9902, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Willem Molle, 2002. "Globalization, Regionalism and Labour Markets: Should We Recast the Foundations of the EU Regime in Matters of Regional (Rural and Urban) Development?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 161-172.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Rondi, Laura, 2002. "Hardening a Soft Budget Constraint Through 'Upward Devolution' to a Supranational Institution: The Case of Italian State-Owned Firms and the European Union," WIDER Working Paper Series 016, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pradeep Mitra & Alexander Muravyev & Mark E. Schaffer, 2008.
"Convergence in institutions and market outcomes: Cross-country and time-series evidence from the BEEPS surveys in transition economies,"
CERT Discussion Papers
0809, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Pradeep Mitra & Alexander Muravyev & Mark E. Schaffer, 2008. "Convergence in Institutions and Market Outcomes: Cross-Country and Time-Series Evidence from the BEEPS Surveys in Transition Economies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 847, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mitra, Pradeep & Muravyev, Alexander & Schaffer, Mark E, 2008. "Convergence in Institutions and Market Outcomes: Cross-Country and Time-Series Evidence from the BEEPS Surveys in Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 3863, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Morris Bornstein, 2000. "Post-Privatization Enterprise Restructuring," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 327, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Almos, 2002.
"Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 657-682, December.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, "undated". "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20024, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2002. "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-81, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Kate Bishop, 2003. "Wage Determination: Privatised, New Private And State Owned Companies. Empirical Evidence From Panel Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 584, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Morris Bornstein, 2001. "Post-privatisation Enterprise Restructuring," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 189-203.
- Wallner, Klaus, 2003. "Specific investments and the EU enlargement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 867-882, May.
- Janos Kollő & Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2005.
"Wage Bargaining, Privatisation, Ability to Pay and Outside Options: Evidence from Hungary,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 465-483.
- Janos KÃ¶llo & Tomasz Marek Mickiewicz, 2004. "Wage bargaining, privatisation, ability to pay, and outside options - evidence from Hungary," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 46, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Sels, A.T.H., 2006. "Foreign direct investment as an entry mode. An application in emerging economies," Other publications TiSEM 583ca9b5-1691-425d-8f77-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Stefan Bojnec & Ana Xavier, 2004. "Entry and exit in transition economies: the Slovenian manufacturing sector," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 191-214.
- Berde, Éva & Scharle, Ágota, 2004.
"A kisvállalkozók foglalkozási mobilitása 1992 és 2001 között
[Employment mobility in small business between 1992 and 2001]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 346-361.
- Carmen Raluca Stoian & Roger Vickerman, 2005. "The Interplay Between Foreign Direct Investment, Security and European Integration: The Case of the Central and Eastern European Countries," Studies in Economics 0509, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Mitra, Pradeep & Muravyev, Alexander & Schaffer, Mark E., 2009. "Convergence in institutions and market outcomes: cross-country and time-series evidence from the business environment and enterprise performance surveys in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4819, The World Bank.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2001-12-19 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2001-12-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-TRA-2001-12-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:1999-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.