The organization of political parties and the politics of bureaucratic reform
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross‐Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Weingast, Barry R & Moran, Mark J, 1983. "Bureaucratic Discretion or Congressional Control? Regulatory Policymaking by the Federal Trade Commission," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 765-800, October.
- Bawn, Kathleen, 1997. "Choosing Strategies to Control the Bureaucracy: Statutory Constraints, Oversight, and the Committee System," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 101-126, April.
- Ronald N. Johnson & Gary D. Libecap, 1994. "The Federal Civil Service System and the Problem of Bureaucracy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number john94-1, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:103:y:2009:i:01:p:99-112_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Ronald N. & Libecap, Gary D., 1994. "The Federal Civil Service System and the Problem of Bureaucracy," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226401713, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack, 2018.
"World Bank Policy Lending and the Quality of Public-Sector Governance,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(1), pages 29-54.
- Smets,Lodewijk & Knack,Stephen, 2015. "World Bank policy lending and the quality of public sector governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7267, The World Bank.
- María Franco Chuaire & Carlos Scartascini & Mariano Tommasi, 2017.
"State capacity and the quality of policies. Revisiting the relationship between openness and government size,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 133-156, July.
- Mariano Tommasi & María Franco Chuaire & Carlos Scartascini, 2014. "State Capacity and the Quality of Policies. Revisiting the Relationship between Openness and Government Size," Working Papers 115, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Nov 2014.
- Maria Franco & Carlos Scartascini & Mariano Tommasi, 2014. "State Capacity and the Quality of Policies: Revisiting the Relationship between Openness and the Size of Government," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 86254, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics; Public Sector Management and Reform; Public Sector Expenditure Policy; Public Sector Corruption&Anticorruption Measures; Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations and Local Finance Management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2013-11-16 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2013-11-16 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2013-11-16 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .