Gender wage differentials in Brazil : trends over a turbulent era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Kiong-Hock, 1980. "Screening, ability, and the productivity of education in Malaysia," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-193.
- Lam, David & Levison, Deborah, 1991.
"Declining inequality in schooling in Brazil and its effects on inequality in earnings,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 199-225, November.
- Levison, D. & Lam, D., 1990. "Declining Inequality In Schooling In Brazil And Its Effects On Inequality In Earning," Papers 618, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Francisco Carneiro & Andrew Henley, 1998. "Wage determination in Brazil: The growth of union bargaining power and informal employment," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 117-138.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1979. "On the weak versus the strong version of the screening hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 181-185.
- Carneiro, Francisco G., 1998. "Productivity effects in brazilian wage determination," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 139-153, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luana Marquez Garcia & Paola Salardi & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2009.
"Gender and Racial Wage Gaps in Brazil 1996-2006: Evidence Using a Matching Comparisons Approach,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1649, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Luana Marquez Garcia & Hugo Nopo & Paola Salardi, 2009. "Gender and Racial Wage Gaps in Brazil 1996-2006: Evidence Using a Matching Comparisons Approach," Research Department Publications 4626, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Agier, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane, 2013.
"Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 165-181.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling in Loan Size?," Working Papers CEB 10-047, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149090, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rendall, Michelle, 2013.
"Structural Change in Developing Countries: Has it Decreased Gender Inequality?,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-16.
- Michelle Rendall, 2012. "Structural change in developing countries: has it decreased gender inequality?," ECON - Working Papers 077, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stephanie Seguino & Caren Grown, 2006.
"Gender equity and globalization: macroeconomic policy for developing countries,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 1081-1104.
- Seguino, Stephanie & Grown, Caren, 2006. "Gender equity and globalization: Macroeconomic policy for developing countries," MPRA Paper 6540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Monsueto, Sandro Eduardo & Braz Golgher, André & Machado, Ana Flávia, 2006. "Earning inequalities in Brazil: quantile regressions and the decomposition approach," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hugo R. Ñopo & Natalia Winder, 2009.
"New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1131, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Nopo, Hugo R. & Atal, Juan Pablo & Winder, Natalia, 2010. "New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hugo Nopo & Natalia Winder, 2009. "New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4640, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ben Yahmed, Sarra, 2016. "Formal but less equal: Gender wage gaps in formal and informal jobs in Brazil," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-085, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Health Promotion; Anthropology; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Gender and Development; Population&Development; Anthropology; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Population&Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .