On the governance of public pension fund management
The author surveys the empirical literature on the relationship between governance of public pension fund management and investment performance. He makes a preliminary attempt to identify good governance practices and distill governance guidelines aimed at reducing the political risk that is associated with central, public pension fund management. The author highlights the need for further work to support the development of a satisfactory set of governance guidelines.
|Date of creation:||31 Aug 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Useem & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2000.
"Holders of the Purse Strings: Governance and Performance of Public Retirement Systems,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
00-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Useem & Olivia S. Mitchell, . "Holders of the Purse Strings: Governance and Performance of Public Retirement Systems," Pension Research Council Working Papers 2000-3, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Iglesias, Augusto & Palacios, Robert J., 2000. "Managing public pension reserves - Part I : evidence from the international experience," Social Protection Discussion Papers 21311, The World Bank.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R. & Vittas, Dimitri, 2002. "Contractual savings in countries with a small financial sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2841, The World Bank.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Ping Lung Hsin, 1994. "Public Sector Pension Governance and Performance," NBER Working Papers 4632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Robert S. Smith, . "Public Sector Pension Funding," Pension Research Council Working Papers 94-4, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.