Modernizing the financial system in Japan during the 19th century: National Banks in Japan in the Context of Free Banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mari Ohnuki, 2007. "The Bank of Japan Network and Financial Market Integration: From the Establishment of the Bank of Japan to the Early 20th Century," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(1), pages 95-128, March.
- Ignacio Briones & Hugh Rockoff, 2005. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Free-Banking Episodes?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(2), pages 279-324, August.
- Miyajima, Shigeki & Weber, Warren-E, 2001. "A Comparison of National Banks in Japan and the United States between 1872 and 1885," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 19(1), pages 31-48, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masato Shizume, 2017. "A History of the Bank of Japan, 1882-2016," Working Papers 1719, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Masato Shizume, 2016. "Financial Crises and the Central Bank: Lessons from Japan during the 1920s," Working Papers 1611, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- SERGI BASCO & John P. Tang, 2017. "The Samurai Bond: Credit Supply And Economic Growth In Pre-War Japan," CEH Discussion Papers 05, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
More about this item
Keywordsthe modern banking system; free banking; national banks; the Bank of Japan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wap:wpaper:1607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hideki Konishi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spwasjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.