Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan: Better Late Than Never?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Barth, 1990. "Post-FIRREA: the need to reform the Federal Deposit Insurance System," Proceedings 280, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- George J. Benston, 1989. "Market-value accounting: benefits, costs and incentives," Proceedings 255, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996.
"The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996. "The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- Goodhart, C A E, 1987. "Why Do Banks Need a Central Bank?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 75-89, March.
- Gandolfi, Arthur E, 1974. "Stability of the Demand for Money during the Great Contraction-1929-1933," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 969-983, Sept./Oct.
- Mark J. Flannery, 1982. "Deposit insurance creates a need for bank regulation," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan/Feb, pages 17-31.
- Miles, David, 1995. "Optimal regulation of deposit taking financial intermediaries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1365-1384, August.
- Benston, George J & Kaufman, George G, 1996. "The Appropriate Role of Bank Regulation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 688-697, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & King, Kathleen Kuester & O'Brien, James M., 1991. "The limitations of market value accounting and a more realistic alternative," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 753-783, September.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Thakor, Anjan V, 1992. " Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 227-245, March.
- Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 1995. "Should the Functions of Monetary Policy and Banking Supervision Be Separated?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 539-560, October.
- Dowd, Kevin, 1996. "The Case for Financial Laissez-Faire," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 679-687, May.
- Maximilian J.B Hall, 2002. "Banking Regulation and Supervision in Japan," FMG Special Papers sp139, Financial Markets Group.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Kane Edward J., 1993. "What Lessons Should Japan Learn from the U.S. Deposit-Insurance Mess?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 329-355, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J. B., 2003. "Efficiency in Japanese banking: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 891-917, May.
- Maximilian Hall, 2000. "What is the Truth About the Scale of Japanese Banks' Bad Debts? Is the Situation Manageable?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 69-91, February.
- Robert P. Gray, 2004. "Australia's Implicit Deposit Insurance — Should It Be Reconsidered?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 14(32), pages 41-52, March.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:15:y:1999:i:3:p:211-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.