Do Research Assessment Exercises Raise the Returns to Publication Quality? Evidence from the New Zealand Market for Academic Economists
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rabik Ar Chatterjee & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 1990. "The Innovation Diffusion Process in a Heterogeneous Population: A Micromodeling Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1057-1079.
- Rui Baptista, 1999. "The Diffusion of Process Innovations: A Selective Review," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 107-129.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2011.
"Ranking Economics Departments In Terms Of Residual Productivity: New Zealand Economics Departments, 2000–2006,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 157-168, December.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2009. "Ranking Economics Departments in Terms of Residual Productivity: New Zealand Economics Departments, 2000-2006," Working Papers in Economics 09/03, University of Waikato, revised 05 Sep 2011.
- David L. Anderson & John Tresler, 2008. "An Analysis of New Zealand Economists' Research Output 2000-2006," Working Papers in Economics 08/20, University of Waikato, revised 31 Dec 2008.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2013.
"The New Zealand performance-based research fund and its impact on publication activity in economics,"
Oxford University Press, pages 1-11.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2013. "The New Zealand Performance Based Research Fund and its Impact on Publication Activity in Economics," Working Papers in Economics 13/03, University of Waikato.
- Buckle, Robert A & Creedy, John, 2017. "The Evolution of Research Quality in New Zealand Universities as Measured by the Performance-Based Research Fund Process," Working Paper Series 6574, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
More about this item
Keywordsresearch assessment; PBRF; academic labor market; research quality;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-08-21 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2008-08-21 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2008-08-21 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:08/11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .