Italian economic journals. A network-based ranking and an exploratory analysis of their influence on setting international professional standards
An exploratory analysis of the crossed presence (interlocking editorship) of the same scholars in the editorial boards of Italian and international economic journals is developed. The position and the degree of integration of Italian journals in the worldwide network of economic journals is studied with network analysis techniques and a ranking of Italian journals, based on a measure of centrality, is proposed. Then relatively compact groups of international journals are individuated, representing different specialized sub-field or different methodological approaches to the study of economics. The analysis of the relative position of Italian journals in those groups suggests that Italian journals are not connected to the cores of the various schools operating at an international level, with the only exception of the history of economic thought
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Colander & Richard Holt & Barkley Rosser, 2004.
"The changing face of mainstream economics,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 485-499.
- David Colander & Ric Holt & Barkley Rosser, 2003. "The Changing Face of Mainstream Economics," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0327, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007. "How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 47-68, Fall.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2007. "How the World Achieved Consensus on Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 13580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cainelli Giulio & de Felice Annunziata & Lamonarca Maria & Zoboli Roberto, 2006. "The Publications of Italian Economists in ECONLIT. Quantitative Assessment and Implications for Research Evaluation," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 385-424.
- Lippi Marco & Peracchi Franco, 2007. "Il primo esercizio italiano di valutazione della ricerca: una prima valutazione," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 267-276.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 165-186, February.
- Daniele Checchi, 1999. "Tenure. An Appraisal of a National Selection Process for Associate Professorship," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 58(2), pages 137-181, September.
- Marcuzzo Maria Cristina & Zacchia Giulia, 2007. "L'ECONLIT e gli strumenti per la valutazione della ricerca economica in Italia," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 277-306.
- Alberto Baccini & Lucio Barabesi, 2008. "Interlocking Editorship. A Network Analysis of the Links Between Economic Journals," Department of Economics University of Siena 532, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Elisabetta Addis & Paola Villa, 2003. "The Editorial Boards of Italian Economics Journals: Women, Gender, and Social Networking," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 75-91. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.