La imposición de los carburantes de automoción en España: algunas observaciones teóricas y empíricas
This article deals with the taxation of private car fuels in Spain, analyzing its theoretical foundations and carrying out a comparative study of tax design and tax levels. Moreover, we estimate a demand system of car fuels with data from Encuesta Continua de Presupuestos Familiares, which allows for microsimulation of various tax reforms. In particular, we evaluate and assess the effects of the new Spanish tax on car fuel sales and of the application in Spain of the EU directive on harmonization of energy taxes.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Lawrence H. Goulder, 1994. "Energy Taxes: Traditional Efficiency Effects and Environmental Implications," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 8, pages 105-158 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hoeller & Markku Wallin, 1991. "Energy Prices, Taxes and Carbon Dioxide Emissions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 106, OECD Publishing.
- de Bovenberg, A Lans & Mooij, Ruud A, 1994.
"Environmental Levies and Distortionary Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1085-89, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfses:609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.