Fiscal decentralization policies and sub-national government debt in evolving federations
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2007.
"Fiscal Decentralization in Spain: An Asymmetric Transition to Democracy,"
Chapters,in: Fiscal Fragmentation in Decentralized Countries, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire, 2002. "Fiscal decentralization in Spain: An asymmetric transition to democracy," Economics Working Papers 866, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Pilar Sorribas-Navarro, 2006. "(When) Are Intergovernmental Transfers Used to Bail Out Regional Governments? Evidence from Spain 1986-2001," Working Papers 2006/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Wildasin, David E., 2004.
"The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 57(2), pages 247-272, June.
- David E. Wildasin, 2004. "The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework," Public Economics 0403006, EconWPA.
- Allers, Maarten & Merkus, Erik, 2013. "Soft budget constraint but no moral hazard? The Dutch local government bailout puzzle," Research Report 13014-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual & Roberto Fernandez & MarÃa A. GarcÃa-ValiÃ±as, 2004. "Local government debt: an application to the Spanish case," ERSA conference papers ersa04p282, European Regional Science Association.
- Breuillé, Marie-Laure & Madiès, Thierry & Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle, 2010.
"Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 205-214, September.
- Marie-Laure Breuillé & Thierry Madies & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2010. "Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00618721, HAL.
- Nuria Alcalde Fradejas & Jaime Vallés Giménez, 2002. "El mercado financiero y el racionamiento del crédito. Estudio del caso de los gobiernos regionales en España," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 160(1), pages 77-102, march.
- Timothy Goodspeed, 2002. "Bailouts in a Federation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 409-421, August.
- Massimo Bordignon, 2000. "Problems of Soft Budget Constraints in Intergovernmental Relationships: The Case of Italy," Research Department Publications 3099, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Luiz de Mello, 2007. "Local Government Finances: The Link between Intergovernmental Transfers and Net Worth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 581, OECD Publishing.
- Peter Claeys, 2011. "If you want me to stay, pay," IREA Working Papers 201101, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal decentralization; borrowing incentives;
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .