On the inefficiency of the restricted maximum likelihood
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stavros Kourouklis, 2012. "A New Estimator of the Variance Based on Minimizing Mean Squared Error," The American Statistician, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(4), pages 234-236, November.
- Kubokawa, T., 1995. "Estimation of Variance Components in Mixed Linear Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 210-236, May.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency; random effects; truncation; variance component.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2014-04-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .