Japan's Model of Economic Development: Relevant and Nonrelevant Elements for Developing Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fukunari KIMURA, 2006. "International Production and Distribution Networks in East Asia: Eighteen Facts, Mechanics, and Policy Implications," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 326-344, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Findlay, 2010. "Country Role Models: Synthesis of Ireland, Japan and Switzerland," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2010-089, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Meenu Tewari & C. Veeramani, 2016. "Network Trade and Development: What Do Patterns of Vertically Specialized Trade in ASEAN Tell Us About India’s Place in Asian Production Networks?," Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 349-388, June.
- Benno Ferrarini, 2013. "Vertical Trade Maps," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 105-123, June.
- Taguchi, Hiroyuki & Murofushi, Harutaka, 2014. "International production networks in ASEAN economies," MPRA Paper 64409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hiroyuki Taguchi & Ni Lar, 2015. "Fragmentation And Trade Of Machinery Parts And Components In Mekong Region," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(05), pages 1-21, December.
- Obashi, Ayako, 2010.
"Stability of production networks in East Asia: Duration and survival of trade,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 21-30, January.
- Ayako Obashi, 2008. "Stability of Production Networks in East Asia: Duration and Survival of Trade," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2008-002, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Ayako OBASHI, 2009. "Stability of Production Networks in East Asia: Duration and Survival of Trade," Working Papers d006, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Aswicahyono, Haryo & Bird, Kelly & Hill, Hal, 2009. "Making Economic Policy in Weak, Democratic, Post-crisis States: An Indonesian Case Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 354-370, February.
- Kimura, Fukunari, 2007. "The mechanics of production networks in Southeast Asia: the fragmentation theory approach," CEI Working Paper Series 2007-8, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hirata, Hideaki & Otsu, Keisuke, 2016.
"Accounting for the economic relationship between Japan and the Asian Tigers,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 57-68.
- Hideaki Hirata & Keisuke Otsu, 2011. "Accounting for the economic relationship between Japan and the Asian Tigers," Studies in Economics 1120, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Hideaki Hirata & Keisuke Otsu, 2011. "Accounting for the economic relationship between Japan and the Asian Tigers," Working Paper 164496, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Miguel Angel Esquivias Padilla, & Dyah Wulan Sari, & Rossanto Dwi Handoyo, 2017.
"Formation of production networks in ASEAN: Measuring the real value-added and identifying the role of ASEAN countries in the world supply chains,"
Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 13(2), pages 237-255, May.
- Padilla, Miguel Angel Esquivias & Sari, Dyah Wulan & Handoyo, Rossanto Dwi, 2017. "Formation of production networks in ASEAN: Measuring the real value-added and identifying the role of ASEAN countries in the world supply chains," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 13(2).
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2011.
"Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?,"
Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 10(1), pages 65-95, Winter/Sp.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra, 2010. "Production Networks and Trade Patterns in East Asia: Regionalization or Globalization?," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 56, Asian Development Bank.
- Yang, Wen & Liu, Yi-Cheng & Mai, Chao-Cheng, 2017. "How did Japanese exports evolve from 1995 to 2014? A spatial econometric perspective," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 50-58.
- Taguchi, Hiroyuki & Nishi, Emiko Darcy, 2017. "Trade effects of ASEAN-plus-China and -Japan free trade agreements by production stage and industry," MPRA Paper 81628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & Rossana Mastrandrea & Franco Ruzzenenti, 2018.
"Who’s Who in Global Value Chains? A Weighted Network Approach,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 29(5), pages 1039-1059, November.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & Rossana Mastrandrea & Franco Ruzzenenti, 2017. "Who's who in global value chains? A weighted network approach," Working Papers w201707, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- ANDO Mitsuyo & KIMURA Fukunari, 2011. "Globalizing Corporate Activities in East Asia and Impact on Domestic Operations: Further evidence from Japanese manufacturing firms," Discussion papers 11034, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Richard Frensch, 2010. "European trade in parts and components : searching (for a trade model for searching) for offshoring evidence," Working Papers 280, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- repec:era:wpaper:dp-2015-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Witada Anukoonwattaka, 2011. "Driving forces of Asian international production networks: A brief history and theoretical perspectives," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Witada Anukoonwattaka & Mia Mikic (ed.), India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75, chapter 1, pages 7-22, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Hank Lim & Fukunari Kimura, 2010.
"The Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises in Regional and Global Value Chains,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22812, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hank Lim & Fukunari Kimura, 2010. "The Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises in Regional and Global Value Chains," Working Papers id:3113, eSocialSciences.
- Lim, Hank & Kimura, Fukunari, 2010. "The Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises in Regional and Global Value Chains," ADBI Working Papers 231, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2011. "Asian FTAs: Trends, prospects and challenges," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Ms. Patrizia Tumbarello, 2007. "Are Regional Trade Agreements in Asia Stumbling or Building Blocks? Implications for the Mekong-3 Countries," IMF Working Papers 2007/053, International Monetary Fund.
- Shahrun Nizam Abdul-Aziz & Normala Zulkifli & Norimah Rambeli@Ramli & Noor Al-Huda Abdul Karim & Zainizam Zakariya & Norasibah Abdul Jalil, 2019. "The Determinations of East Asia¡¯s Automobile Trade Using a Gravity Model," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 10(5), pages 113-128, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCommercial policy; Economic development; Industrial policy; Industrialization; Infrastructure (Economics); Macroeconomics;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2009-08-02 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2009-08-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2009-08-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2009-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Siméon Rapin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.