The Great Detour
This note comments on the state of macroeconomics, arguing that the ‘micro founded’ macro that developed after 1970s has been a wasteful detour. The paper will appear in a symposium in Homo Oeconomicus, vol. 27 (2), 2010, on the crisis and the response from the British Academy to the questions from the British Queen. JEL Categories: E1, B41
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.umass.edu/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amitava K. Dutt & Peter Skott, 2005. "Keynesian Theory and the AD-AS Framework: A Reconsideration," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2000.
"What do we know about Macroeconomics that Fisher and Wicksell did not?,"
NBER Working Papers
7550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2000. "What Do We Know About Macroeconomics That Fisher And Wicksell Did Not?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1375-1409, November.
- Patrick Kehoe & Varadarajan V. Chari, 2006.
"Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory is Shaping Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
12476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006. "Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory Is Shaping Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 3-28, Fall.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006. "Modern macroeconomics in practice: how theory is shaping policy," Staff Report 376, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521850254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007.
"Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_525, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Working Papers wp153, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Financialization: What it is and Why it Matters," IMK Working Paper 04-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Soon Ryoo, 2009.
"Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2009-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ryoo, Soon, 2010. "Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 163-186, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521365963 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ums:papers:2010-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arslan Razmi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.