Estimation of Spatial Panel Data Models Using a Minimum Distance Estimator: Application
This paper is concerned with modelling and estimating panel data autoregressive spatial processes in the framework of minimum distance methods. A contiguity matrix based on distance between points relates observations spatially. The model is estimated in two stages. First, the cross-section parameters are consistently estimated by maximum likelihood, and a consistent asymptotic covariance matrix is computed for the second stage. Minimum distance estimators are derived under fixed slopes and all identical parameters restrictions. We used this specification to examine empirically spatial patterns of residential water demand for the French department of "Moselle", including electricity price effects.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PEGE. 61, Aven. de la Forêt-Noire 67000 Strasbourg|
Phone: +33 3 68 85 20 69
Fax: +33 3 68 85 20 70
Web page: http://www.beta-umr7522.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-965, July.
- James P. Ziliak & Beth A. Wilson & Joe A. Stone, 1999. "Spatial Dynamics And Heterogeneity In The Cyclicality Of Real Wages," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 227-236, May.
- Kathleen P. Bell & Nancy E. Bockstael, 2000. "Applying the Generalized-Moments Estimation Approach to Spatial Problems Involving Microlevel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 72-82, February.
- Kodde, D A & Palm, Franz C & Pfann, G A, 1990. "Asymptotic Least-Squares Estimation Efficiency Considerations and Applications," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 229-243, July-Sept.
- Lars Gårn Hansen, 1996. "Water and Energy Price Impacts on Residential Water Demand in Copenhagen," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(1), pages 66-79.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Klotz, Stefan, 2003.
"Estimating the neighborhood influence on decision makers: theory and an application on the analysis of innovation decisions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 97-113, September.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Stefan Klotz, 2001. "Estimating the Neighborhood Influence on Decision Makers: Theory and an Application on the Analysis of Innovation Decisions," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:9912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.