¿Qué MERCOSUR y qué Uruguay se necesitan? Apuntes para entender requerimientos recíprocos
The paper develops two questions. The first is related of what the Uruguay might be expected from the MERCOSUR. The paper concludes highlighting the requisite of sharing a common will among the members country to advance in the integration process. While in the present time the MERCOSUR has sign to be exhausted and gives the idea of a syndrome of fear to the integration and its deepening. For Uruguay it is necessary to develop a double strategy which considers the opportunity of the trade agreements but that also observes its limitations and restrictions. In operative terms is necessary to have a Plan A that wants to achieve a advance of the fear to integration and the MERCOSUR as a façade. Simultaneously it is necessary to take into account that this syndrome could be difficult to change in the short term. So it would be necessary to have an alternative strategy - Plan B- for this contingency. The Uruguayan foreign policy challenge is to combine both strategies, linking the rhythms and intensities
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://cienciassociales.edu.uy/departamentodeeconomia/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sanguinetti, Pablo & Traistaru, Iulia & Volpe Martincus, Christian, 2004.
"Economic integration and location of manufacturing activities: Evidence from MERCOSUR,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 11-2004, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Pablo Sanguinetti & Iulia Traistaru & Christian Volpe Martincus, 2004. "Economic Integration and Location of Manufacturing Activities: Evidence from Mercosur," ERSA conference papers ersa04p609, European Regional Science Association.
- Julio Berlinski (coordinador) & Honorio Kume & Marcel Vaillant & Ricardo J. Soifer & M. Inés Terra & Héctor Pastori & Márcio de Oliveira júnior & Patrícia Anderson & Red MERCOSUR, 2001. "Sobre el beneficio de la integración plena en el MERCOSUR," Serie Red MERCOSUR, Red Mercosur, edition 1, volume 1, number 3 edited by Red MERCOSUR, Autumn.
- Daniel Chudnovsky (coordinador) & José María Fanelli (coordinador) & Enrique V. Iglesias (prólogo) & Julio Berlinski & Gustavo bittencourt & Roberto Bouzas & Gustavo Britto & Germán Calfat & Daniel Ch, 2001. "El desafio de integrarse para crecer. Balance y perspectiva del MERCOSUR en su primera década," Serie Red MERCOSUR, Red Mercosur, edition 1, volume 1, number 4 edited by Red MERCOSUR, Autumn.
- María Inés Terra & Marcel Vaillant, 1998. "Política comercial y política de infraestructura: un ejercicio de simulación de los impactos regionales en el MERCOSUR," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0797, Department of Economics - dECON. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:1504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi)or (Héctor Pastori)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.