Los efectos de la Reforma uruguaya de la Seguridad Social en el ahorro
The reform of the Uruguayan social security system approved in 1995 might raise national savings in the median and long run, if it induces increases in mean retirement ages or causes a substantial reduction of evasion. Otherwise, the reform might cause a reduction of national savings. Simulations of the reform show that the effects of the reform on national savings in the median and long run depend basically on its effect on public savings. Effects of the reform on national savings through both families’ voluntary savings and savings in pension funds (AFAP) are less important, particularly in the long run.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew B. Abel & N. Gregory Mankiw & Lawrence H. Summers & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1986.
"Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
2097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Abel & Gregory N. Mankiw & Lawrence H. Summers & Richard Zeckhauser, . "Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Theory and Evidence," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 14-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Marisa Bucheli, 1998. "Los efectos de la Reforma de la Seguridad Social sobre las cuentas generacionales," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1498, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Alvaro Forteza, 1998. "Los efectos fiscales de la Reforma de la Seguridad Social uruguaya," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0898, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Robert Holzmann, 1997. "Fiscal Alternatives of Moving from Unfunded to Funded Pensions," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 126, OECD Publishing.
- Martin Feldstein & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2001.
NBER Working Papers
8451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alvaro Forteza, 1998. "Un modelo de simulación de la Reforma de la Seguridad Social en Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0598, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Richard Disney, 1996. "Can We Afford to Grow Older?," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026204157x, June.
- Marco Santamaria, 1991. "Privatizing social security: the Chilean case," Research Paper 9127, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Arrau, Patricio, 1990. "Social security reform : the capital accumulation and intergenerational distribution effect," Policy Research Working Paper Series 512, The World Bank.
- Falkingham, Jane & Johnson, Paul, 1993. "The life cycle distributional consequence of pay-as-you-go and funded pension systems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1200, The World Bank.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1995. "Pension reform and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1471, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:1098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio)or (Héctor Pastori)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.