Regulación en los mercados eléctricos competitivos
The aim of this paper is to describe the degrees of freedom, and hence the alternatives faced, in designing the electrical markets in general. In a second stage, the analysis is modified so as to study the Argentinian and Brazilian cases, with special emphasis on the expected outcomes for Uruguay. The comparative analysis of the three countries is intended to capture the different microeconomic puzzles to be solved in each case and the diversity of the regulatory frameworks in which solutions can be found using some general concepts related to competition in the energy markets, both the one in which generation takes place and that in which commercialization occurs.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://cienciassociales.edu.uy/departamentodeeconomia/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shmuel S. Oren, 1997. "Economic Inefficiency of Passive Transmission Rights in Congested Electricity Systems with Competitive Generation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 63-83.
- Goulding, A. J. & Rufin, Carlos & Swinand, Gregory, 1999. "The Role of Vibrant Retail Electricity Markets in Assuring that Wholesale Power Markets Operate Effectively," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(10), pages 61-73, December.
- Rider, Gill, 1999. "Ten Lessons for the Changing European Electricity Landscape," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 13-19, April.
- Bushnell, James, 1999. "Transmission Rights and Market Power," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(8), pages 77-85, October.
- Rothkopf, Michael H., 1999. "Daily Repetition: A Neglected Factor in the Analysis of Electricity Auctions," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 60-70, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0801. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi)or (Héctor Pastori)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.