Tournaments, gift exchanges, and the effect of monetary incentives for teachers: the case of Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dante Contreras & Tomás Rau, 2012. "Tournament Incentives for Teachers: Evidence from a Scaled-Up Intervention in Chile," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 219-246.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara Bruns & Javier Luque, 2014. "Great Teachers : How to Raise Student Learning in Latin America and the Caribbean--Overview," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19507, The World Bank.
- Felipe Gajardo & Nicolas Grau, 2017. "Competition among schools and educational quality: Tension between various objectives of educational policy," Working Papers wp445, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:ecoedu:v:63:y:2018:i:c:p:154-166 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alejandro J. Ganimian & Richard J. Murnane, 2014. "Improving Educational Outcomes in Developing Countries: Lessons from Rigorous Impact Evaluations," NBER Working Papers 20284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián, 2018.
"Early impacts of college aid,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 154-166.
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio P. & Castillo, Sebastián, 2015. "Early Impacts of College Aid," IZA Discussion Papers 9238, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio & Castillo, Sebastián, 2015. "Early Impacts of College Aid," Research Department working papers 770, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Mizala, Alejandra & Urquiola, Miguel, 2013.
"School markets: The impact of information approximating schools' effectiveness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 313-335.
- Alejandra Mizala & Miguel Urquiola, 2007. "School Markets: The Impact of Information Approximating Schools' Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 13676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muralidharan, Karthik & Sundararaman, Venkatesh, 2011. "Teacher opinions on performance pay: Evidence from India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 394-403, June.
- Masino, Serena & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2016.
"What works to improve the quality of student learning in developing countries?,"
International Journal of Educational Development,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 53-65.
- Masino Serena & Niño-Zarazúa Miguel, 2015. "What Works to Improve the Quality of Student Learning in Developing Countries?," WIDER Working Paper Series 033, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lockheed, Marlaine E., 2014. "Teacher opinions on performance incentives : evidence from the Kyrgyz Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6752, The World Bank.
- Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Giolito, Eugenio P., 2014. "The Impact of Age of Entry on Academic Progression," IZA Discussion Papers 8694, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Contreras, Dante & Elacqua, Gregory & Martinez, Matías & Miranda, Álvaro, 2016. "Bullying, identity and school performance: Evidence from Chile," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 147-162.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2010-01-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-01-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:wpaper:wp305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mohit Karnani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuclcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.