Adam Smith and Amartya Sen : markets and famines in pre-industrial Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ejrnaes, Mette & Persson, Karl Gunnar, 2000.
"Market Integration and Transport Costs in France 1825-1903: A Threshold Error Correction Approach to the Law of One Price,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 149-173, April.
- Mette Ejrnæs & Karl Gunnar Persson, 1998. "Market Integration and Transport Costs in France 1825-1903: A Threshold Error Correction Approach to the Law of One Price," Discussion Papers 98-19, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1999.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 294-313, December.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1997. "Potato Paradoxes," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 135, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Allen, Robert C., 2000. "Economic structure and agricultural productivity in Europe, 1300â€“1800," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, April.
- O Grada, Cormac, 1997. "Markets and famines: a simple test with Indian data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 241-244, December.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1989. "Second Thoughts on the European Escape from Hunger: Famines, Price Elasticities, Entitlements, Chronic Malnutrition, and Mortality Rates," NBER Historical Working Papers 0001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Smith, Ron, 1991. " On Error Correction Models: Specification, Interpretation, Estimation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 97-128.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Jean-Michel Chevet, 2000.
"Market segmentation and famine in Ancien Régime France,"
200005, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- O'Grada, C. & Chevet, J.-M., 2000. "Market Segmentation and Famine in Ancien Regime France," Papers 00/05, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Ó Gráda, C. (2005) Market and famines in pre-industrial Europe
by Ben in Economic History Blog on 2009-02-08 02:54:00
More about this item
KeywordsFamines--Europe; Markets--Europe; Food supply--Europe;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:200218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.