Family Affluence and Inequality in Adolescent Health and Life Satisfaction: Evidence from the HBSC study 2002-2014
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Geckova & Jitse van Dijk & Ivan Zezula & Jolanda Tunistra & Johan Groothoff & Doeke Post, 2004. "Socio-economic differences in health among Slovak adolescents," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 49(1), pages 26-35, February.
- Irene Moor & Thomas Lampert & Katharina Rathmann & Benjamin Kuntz & Petra Kolip & Jacob Spallek & Matthias Richter, 2014. "Explaining educational inequalities in adolescent life satisfaction: do health behaviour and gender matter?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(2), pages 309-317, April.
- Bjørn Holstein & Candace Currie & Will Boyce & Mogens Damsgaard & Inese Gobina & Gyöngyi Kökönyei & Jørn Hetland & Margaretha Looze & Matthias Richter & Pernille Due, 2009. "Socio-economic inequality in multiple health complaints among adolescents: international comparative study in 37 countries," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 54(2), pages 260-270, September.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Zlata Bruckauf & Kwok Ng & Daria Pavlova & Torbjorn Torsheim & Margarida Gaspar de Matos & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2016. "Inequalities in Adolescent Health and Life Satisfaction: Evidence from the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children study," Papers inwopa835, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Torsheim, Torbjorn & Currie, Candace & Boyce, William & Kalnins, Ilze & Overpeck, Mary & Haugland, Siren, 2004. "Material deprivation and self-rated health: a multilevel study of adolescents from 22 European and North American countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Currie, Candace & Molcho, Michal & Boyce, William & Holstein, Bjørn & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Richter, Matthias, 2008. "Researching health inequalities in adolescents: The development of the Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children (HBSC) Family Affluence Scale," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 1429-1436, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2012.300889_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Candace Currie & Dorothy Currie & Leonardo Menchini & Chris Roberts & Dominic Richardson, 2011. "Comparing Inequality in the Well-being of Children in Economically Advanced Countries: A methodology," Papers inwopa651, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Carine Vereecken & Stefania Rossi & Mariano Giacchi & Lea Maes, 2008. "Comparison of a short food-frequency questionnaire and derived indices with a seven-day diet record in Belgian and Italian children," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 53(6), pages 297-305, December.
- K. Levin & C. Currie, 2014. "Reliability and Validity of an Adapted Version of the Cantril Ladder for Use with Adolescent Samples," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 1047-1063, November.
- Kate Levin & Torbjorn Torsheim & Wilma Vollebergh & Matthias Richter & Carolyn Davies & Christina Schnohr & Pernille Due & Candace Currie, 2011. "National Income and Income Inequality, Family Affluence and Life Satisfaction Among 13 year Old Boys and Girls: A Multilevel Study in 35 Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 179-194, November.
- Reiss, Franziska, 2013. "Socioeconomic inequalities and mental health problems in children and adolescents: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 24-31.
More about this item
Keywordsadolescent health; nutrition indicators; physical development; socio-economic background;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2016-04-30 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HEA-2016-04-30 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucf:inwopa:inwopa836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.