Using Public Information to Estimate Self-Employment Earnings of Informal Suppliers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James Alm & Brian Erard, 2016. "Using Public Information to Estimate Self-Employment Earnings of Informal Suppliers," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 22-46, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaushal Joshi & Glenita Amoranto & Rana Hasan, 2011. "Informal Sector Enterprises: Some Measurement Issues," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 143-165, May.
- Naomi E. Feldman & Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Estimating tax noncompliance with evidence from unaudited tax returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(518), pages 327-352, March.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2014.
"Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms? Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self-Employed,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 19-33, March.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2010. "Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms: Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self Employed," NBER Working Papers 16527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2011. "Are household surveys like tax forms: evidence from income underreporting of the self-employed," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- A. C. Kulshreshtha, 2011. "Measuring The Unorganized Sector In India," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 123-134, May.
- Feinstein, Jonathan S, 1990. "Detection Controlled Estimation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 233-276, April.
- Per Engstrom & Bertil Holmlund, 2009.
"Tax evasion and self-employment in a high-tax country: evidence from Sweden,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(19), pages 2419-2430.
- Per Engström & Bertil Holmlund, 2006. "Tax Evasion and Self-Employment in a High-Tax Country: Evidence from Sweden," CESifo Working Paper Series 1736, CESifo Group Munich.
- Engström, Per & Holmlund, Bertil, 2006. "Tax Evasion and Self-Employment in a High-Tax Country: Evidence from Sweden," Working Paper Series 2006:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Derek Blades, 2011. "Estimating Value Added Of Illegal Production In The Western Balkans," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(1), pages 183-195, March.
- James Alm, 2012.
"Measuring, explaining, and controlling tax evasion: lessons from theory, experiments, and field studies,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(1), pages 54-77, February.
- James Alm, 2012. "Measuring, Explaining, and Controlling Tax Evasion: Lessons from Theory, Experiments, and Field Studies," Working Papers 1213, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Pissarides, Christopher A. & Weber, Guglielmo, 1989. "An expenditure-based estimate of Britain's black economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-32, June.
More about this item
Keywordstax evasion; informal suppliers;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2015-08-30 (German Papers)
- NEP-IUE-2015-08-30 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2015-08-30 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yang Wang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.