Using Public Information to Estimate Self-Employment Earnings of Informal Suppliers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James Alm & Brian Erard, 2016. "Using Public Information to Estimate Self-Employment Earnings of Informal Suppliers," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 22-46, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaushal Joshi & Glenita Amoranto & Rana Hasan, 2011. "Informal Sector Enterprises: Some Measurement Issues," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 143-165, May.
- Naomi E. Feldman & Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Estimating tax noncompliance with evidence from unaudited tax returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(518), pages 327-352, March.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2014.
"Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms? Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self-Employed,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 19-33, March.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2010. "Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms: Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self Employed," NBER Working Papers 16527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2011. "Are household surveys like tax forms: evidence from income underreporting of the self-employed," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- A. C. Kulshreshtha, 2011. "Measuring The Unorganized Sector In India," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 123-134, May.
- Feinstein, Jonathan S, 1990. "Detection Controlled Estimation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 233-276, April.
- Per Engstrom & Bertil Holmlund, 2009.
"Tax evasion and self-employment in a high-tax country: evidence from Sweden,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(19), pages 2419-2430.
- Per Engström & Bertil Holmlund, 2006. "Tax Evasion and Self-Employment in a High-Tax Country: Evidence from Sweden," CESifo Working Paper Series 1736, CESifo Group Munich.
- Engström, Per & Holmlund, Bertil, 2006. "Tax Evasion and Self-Employment in a High-Tax Country: Evidence from Sweden," Working Paper Series 2006:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Derek Blades, 2011. "Estimating Value Added Of Illegal Production In The Western Balkans," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(1), pages 183-195, March.
- James Alm, 2012.
"Measuring, explaining, and controlling tax evasion: lessons from theory, experiments, and field studies,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(1), pages 54-77, February.
- James Alm, 2012. "Measuring, Explaining, and Controlling Tax Evasion: Lessons from Theory, Experiments, and Field Studies," Working Papers 1213, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Pissarides, Christopher A. & Weber, Guglielmo, 1989. "An expenditure-based estimate of Britain's black economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-32, June.
More about this item
Keywordstax evasion; informal suppliers;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2015-08-30 (German Papers)
- NEP-IUE-2015-08-30 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2015-08-30 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Aranda Balcazar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .