Energy Tax Incentives and the Alternative Minimum Tax
We take a first look at limitations on the use of energy-related tax credits contained in the General Business Credit Credit (GBC) due to limitations within the regular corporate income tax as well as the AMT. Between 2000 and 2005, firms were unable to use all energy-related tax credits due to GBC limitations in the regular tax. The AMT has a smaller but still pronounced impact on the ability of firms to use these credits. Finally, we provide some illustrative calculations to demonstrate how the AMT can lead to very different levelized costs of producing electricity from a wind power project.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Medford, MA 02155, USA|
Phone: (617) 627-3560
Fax: (617) 627-3917
Web page: http://ase.tufts.edu/economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lyon, Andrew B., 1990. "Investment Incentives under the Alternative Minimum Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(4), pages 451-65, December.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2006.
"Federal Tax Policy Towards Energy,"
NBER Working Papers
12568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2006. "Federal Tax Policy Towards Energy," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0612, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Mihir A. Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala & Monica Singhal, 2008.
"Tax Incentives for Affordable Housing: The Low Income Housing Tax Credit,"
NBER Working Papers
14149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala & Monica Singhal, 2010. "Tax Incentives for Affordable Housing: The Low Income Housing Tax Credit," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 24, pages 181-205 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Singhal, Monica & Dharmapala, Dhammika & Desai, Mihir A., 2010. "Tax Incentives for Affordable Housing: The Low Income Housing Tax Credit," Scholarly Articles 10611680, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Desai, Mihir & Dharmapala, Dhammika & Singhal, Monica, 2008. "Investable Tax Credits: The Case of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit," Working Paper Series rwp08-035, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tuf:tuftec:0722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Kalogeropoulos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.