Reflexive Pedagogy: Disciplinary Idioms as Resources for Teaching
Disciplinary models of learning such as ethnography (cultural anthropology) and market competition (economics) have received little attention in the burgeoning literature on “how teacher thinking shapes education” (Yero 2002). To mobilize the pedagogical potential of these disciplinary idioms, the authors draw from the path-breaking works of Palmer (1998) and Rowland (2006), the anthropological literature on teaching as ethnography, and their own experiences as teachers of cultural anthropology and economics to conceptualize a process they term reflexive pedagogy. Reflexive pedagogy – the deliberate cultivation of discipline-specific learning theories – encourages instructors to integrate the intellectual frameworks and identities of their teaching and scholarly lives and thus provides an effective vehicle for faculty dialogue and teacher development.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Bettina & Hall, Stephen G., 2009.
"How far from the Euro Area? Measuring convergence of inflation rates in Eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 788-798, July.
- Bettina Becker & Stephen G. Hall, 2009. "How Far From the Euro Area? Measuring Convergence of Inflation Rates in Eastern Europe," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/1, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Bettina Becker & Stephen G. Hall, 2009. "How Far From the Euro Area? Measuring Convergence of Inflation Rates in Eastern Europe," Discussion Paper Series 2009_05, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Mar 2009.
- Miriam Camarero & Vicente Esteve & Cecilio Tamarit, 2000. "Price convergence of peripheral European countries on the way to the EMU: A time series approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 149-168.
- Camarero, M. & Esteve, V. & Tamarit, C., 1996. "Price Convergence of Periphical European Countries on the Way to the EMU: A Time Series Approach," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-2, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Peter Backé & Jarko Fidrmuc & Thomas Reininger & Franz Schardax, 2002. "Price Dynamics in Central and Eastern European EU Accession," Working Papers 61, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Su, 2005. "Real and monetary convergence between the European Union's core and recent member countries: A rolling cointegration approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 249-270, January.
- Imed Drine & Christophe Rault, 2006. "Testing for inflation convergence between the Euro Zone and its CEE partners," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 235-240.
- Imed Drine & Christophe Rault, 2005. "Testing for inflation convergence between the Euro Zone and its CEE partners," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp768, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcu:wpaper:201106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Harvey)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.