An implicit tax rate for non-financial corporations: Definition and comparison with other tax indicators
This paper develops a macroeconomic implicit tax rate for non-financial corporations based on national accounts data. This indicator is compared with a more micro-oriented implicit tax rate based on accounting data collected in the BACH database (Bank for the Accounts of Companies Harmonised) of the European Commission and the all-in top statutory corporate tax rate.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/index_en.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1994. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicodeme, Gaetan, 2002. "Sector and size effects on effective corporate taxation," MPRA Paper 15781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaëtan Nicodème, 2002. "Sector and size effects on effective corporate taxation," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 175, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- European Commission, 2003. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2003 edition," Taxation trends 2003, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tax:taxpap:0005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaetan Nicodeme)or (Agnieszka Skonieczna) or (Gaelle Garnier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.