The substitution bias of the consumer price index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tran, Van Hoa, 1969. "Additive Preferences and Cost of Living Indexes: An Empirical Study of the Australian Consumer's Welfare," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 45(111), pages 432-440, September.
- Matthew D. Shapiro & David W. Wilcox, 1997.
"Alternative strategies for aggregating prices in the CPI,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 113-125.
- Matthew D. Shapiro & David W. Wilcox, 1997. "Alternative Strategies for Aggregating Prices in the CPI," NBER Working Papers 5980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Lloyd, P J, 1975. "Substitution Effects and Biases in Nontrue Price Indices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 301-313, June.
- E. T. McPHEE., 1928. "Notes," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 4(1), pages 92-95, May.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1998. "Index Number Issues in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 47-58, Winter.
- Goldberger, Arthur S. & Gamaletsos, Theodore, 1970. "A cross-country comparison of consumer expenditure patterns," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 357-400.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer price index (CPI); substitution bias; elasticity of substitution.;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .