Restructuring in France's innovation system: from the mission-oriented model to a systemic approach of innovation
The paper discusses the transitional phase of the French innovation system focusing on the activities that influence the development and diffusion of innovations. It shows that the current system combined persistent elements of the traditional mission-oriented model with new systemic institutional structures, thus lengthening the transition towards a new model of innovation. Indeed the introduction of a bulk of reforms in a very short time, the lack of a clear long run agenda, the institutional inconsistencies have blurred the research and innovation policy trajectory and may affect the performances of France's innovation system in the coming years.
|Date of creation:||02 Apr 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.lem.sssup.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Edquist, 2011.
"Design of innovation policy through diagnostic analysis: identification of systemic problems (or failures),"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(6), pages 1725-1753, December.
- Edquist, Charles, 2008. "Design of Innovation Policy through Diagnostic Analysis: Identification of Systemic Problems (or Failures)," Papers in Innovation Studies 2008/6, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Edquist, Charles & Chaminade, Cristina, 2009. "Industrial policy from a systems-of-innovation perspective," EIB Papers 5/2006, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Mustar, Philippe & Laredo, Philippe, 2002. "Innovation and research policy in France (1980-2000) or the disappearance of the Colbertist state," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Paul Cahu & Lilas Demmou & Emmanuel Massé, 2010. "L'impact macroéconomique de la réforme 2008 du crédit d'impôt recherche," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 61(2), pages 313-339.
- Bruno Amable & Bob Hancke, 2001. "Innovation And Industrial Renewal In France In Comparative Perspective," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 113-133.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssa:lemwps:2014/05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.