Overlay Maps of Science: a New Tool for Research Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Katz, J. Sylvan, 1999. "The self-similar science system1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 501-517, June.
- Hessels, Laurens K. & van Lente, Harro, 2008. "Re-thinking new knowledge production: A literature review and a research agenda," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 740-760, May.
- Kiss, Istvan Z. & Broom, Mark & Craze, Paul G. & Rafols, Ismael, 2010. "Can epidemic models describe the diffusion of topics across disciplines?," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 74-82.
- Andy Stirling, 2007. "A General Framework for Analysing Diversity in Science, Technology and Society," SPRU Working Paper Series 156, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Optimal diversity: Increasing returns versus recombinant innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 565-580, December.
- David Roessner, 2000. "Quantitative and qualitative methods and measures in the evaluation of research," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 125-132, August.
- van Raan, A. F. J. & van Leeuwen, Th. N., 2002. "Assessment of the scientific basis of interdisciplinary, applied research: Application of bibliometric methods in Nutrition and Food Research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 611-632, May.
- Ismael Rafols & Martin Meyer, 2008. "Diversity and network coherence as indicators of interdisciplinarity: Case studies in bionanoscience," SPRU Working Paper Series 167, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- repec:spr:scient:v:61:y:2004:i:1:d:10.1023_b:scie.0000037368.31217.34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leydesdorff, Loet & Cozzens, Susan & Van den Besselaar, Peter, 1994. "Tracking areas of strategic importance using scientometric journal mappings," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 217-229, March.
- repec:spr:scient:v:70:y:2007:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-007-0304-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bourke, Paul & Butler, Linda, 1998. "Institutions and the map of science: matching university departments and fields of research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 711-718, February.
- Thed van Leeuwen & Robert Tijssen, 2000. "Interdisciplinary dynamics of modern science: analysis of cross-disciplinary citation flows," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 183-187, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Chavarro & Puay Tang & Ismael Rafols, 2014.
"Interdisciplinarity and research on local issues: evidence from a developing country,"
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 195-209.
- Diego Chavarro & Puay Tang & Ismael Rafols, 2013. "Interdisciplinarity and research on local issues: evidence from a developing country," SPRU Working Paper Series 2013-14, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Bruce Edmonds & Nigel Gilbert & Petra Ahrweiler & Andrea Scharnhorst, 2011. "Simulating the Social Processes of Science," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 14(4), pages 1-14.
- Rafols, Ismael & Leydesdorff, Loet & O’Hare, Alice & Nightingale, Paul & Stirling, Andy, 2012.
"How journal rankings can suppress interdisciplinary research: A comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1262-1282.
- Ismael Rafols & Loet Leydesdorff & Alice O'Hare & Paul Nightingale & Andy Stirling, 2011. "How Journal Rankings can suppress Interdisciplinary Research – A Comparison between Innovation Studies and Business & Management," DRUID Working Papers 11-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Guangyuan Hu & Stephen Carley & Li Tang, 2012. "Visualizing nanotechnology research in Canada: evidence from publication activities, 1990–2009," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 550-562, August.
- Gómez-Núñez, Antonio J. & Batagelj, Vladimir & Vargas-Quesada, Benjamín & Moya-Anegón, Félix & Chinchilla-Rodríguez, Zaida, 2014. "Optimizing SCImago Journal & Country Rank classification by community detection," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 369-383.
- Nieminen, Paavo & Pölönen, Ilkka & Sipola, Tuomo, 2013. "Research literature clustering using diffusion maps," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 874-886.
- Daniele Rotolo & Ismael Rafols & Michael Hopkins & Loet Leydesdorff, 2014. "Scientometric Mapping as a Strategic Intelligence Tool for the Governance of Emerging Technologies," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-10, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Mary Walshok & Josh Shapiro & Nathan Owens, 2014. "Transnational innovation networks aren’t all created equal: towards a classification system," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 345-357, June.
More about this item
Keywordsscience; map; overlay; classification; interdisciplinary; research; evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .