The Veto Mechanism in Atomic Differential Information Economies
We establish new characterizations of Walrasian expectations equilibria based on the veto mechanism in the framework of differential information economies with a finite number of states of nature and a measure space of agents that may have atoms. We show that it is enough to consider the veto power of a single coalition, consisting of the entire set of agents, to obtain the Aubin private core. Moreover, we investigate on the veto power of arbitrary small and big coalitions, providing an extension to mixed markets of the well known Schmeidler  and Vind’s  results in terms of Aubin private core allocations.
|Date of creation:||06 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Mathematical Economics, 2014, vol. 53, pp. 33–45|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 081 - 675372
Fax: +39 081 - 675372
Web page: http://www.csef.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Husseinov, Farhad, 1994. "Interpretation of Aubin's fuzzy coalitions and their extension : Relaxation of finite exchange economics," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 499-516, September.
- Carlos Hervés-Beloso & Emma Moreno-García & Nicholas Yannelis, 2005. "Characterization and incentive compatibility of Walrasian expectations equilibrium in infinite dimensional commodity spaces," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 361-381, 08.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Information, Efficiency, and the Core of an Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 807-16, July.
- Herves-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-Garcia, Emma & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2005. "An equivalence theorem for a differential information economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 844-856, November.
- Marialaura Pesce, 2010. "On mixed markets with asymmetric information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 23-53, October.
- Vind, Karl, 1972. "A Third Remark on the Core of an Atomless Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 585-86, May.
- Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-Garcia, Emma, 2008. "Competitive equilibria and the grand coalition," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 697-706, July.
- Shitovitz, Benyamin, 1973. "Oligopoly in Markets with a Continuum of Traders," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 467-501, May.
- De Simone, Anna & Graziano, Maria Gabriella, 2003. "Cone conditions in oligopolistic market models," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 53-73, February.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2000. "A fuzzy core equivalence theorem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 143-158, August.
- Greenberg, Joseph & Shitovitz, Benyamin, 1986. "A simple proof of the equivalence theorem for oligopolistic mixed markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 79-83, April.
- Grodal, Birgit, 1972. "A Second Remark on the Core of an Atomless Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 581-83, May.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C, 1991. "The Core of an Economy with Differential Information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 183-97, April.
- Schmeidler, David, 1972. "A Remark on the Core of an Atomless Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 579-80, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sef:csefwp:331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lia Ambrosio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.