Edgeworth equilibria: separable and non-separable commodity spaces
Consider a pure exchange differential information economy with an atomless measure space of agents and a Banach lattice as the commodity space. If the commodity space is separable, then it is shown that the private core coincides with the set of Walrasian expectations allocations. In the case of non-separable commodity space, a similar result is also established if the space of agents is decomposed into countably many different types.
|Date of creation:||07 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Mertens, Jean-Francois, 1971.
"An Equivalence Theorem for the Core of an Economy Whose Atoms Are Not 'Too' Big,"
Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 713-21, September.
- JASKOLD GABSZEWICZ, Jean & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "An equivalence theorem for the core of an economy whose atoms are not "too" big," CORE Discussion Papers RP -103, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- De Simone, Anna & Graziano, Maria Gabriella, 2003. "Cone conditions in oligopolistic market models," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 53-73, February.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C. & Zame, William R., 1986. "Equilibria in Banach lattices without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 85-110, April.
- Carlos Hervés-Beloso & Emma Moreno-García & Nicholas Yannelis, 2005. "Characterization and incentive compatibility of Walrasian expectations equilibrium in infinite dimensional commodity spaces," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 361-381, 08.
- Ezra Einy & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2001. "Competitive and core allocations in large economies with differential information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-332.
- Konrad Podczeck, 2003. "Core and Walrasian equilibria when agents' characteristics are extremely dispersed," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 699-725, November.
- Podczeck, K., 2004. "On Core-Walras equivalence in Banach spaces when feasibility is defined by the Pettis integral," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 429-463, June.
- Shitovitz, Benyamin, 1973. "Oligopoly in Markets with a Continuum of Traders," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 467-501, May.
- Laura Angeloni & V. Martins-da-Rocha, 2009.
"Large economies with differential information and without free disposal,"
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 263-286, February.
- Angeloni, Laura & Martins-da-Rocha, Victor-Filipe, 2009. "Large economies with differential information and without free disposal," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2344, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hiai, Fumio & Umegaki, Hisaharu, 1977. "Integrals, conditional expectations, and martingales of multivalued functions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 149-182, March.
- Bhowmik, Anuj & Cao, Jiling, 2012. "Blocking efficiency in an economy with asymmetric information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 396-403.
- Podczeck, K., 2005. "On core-Walras equivalence in Banach lattices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 764-792, September.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C, 1991. "The Core of an Economy with Differential Information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 183-97, April.
- Marialaura Pesce, 2010. "On mixed markets with asymmetric information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 23-53, October.
- Bhowmik, Anuj & Cao, Jiling, 2013. "Robust efficiency in mixed economies with asymmetric information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 49-57.
- Evren, Özgür & Hüsseinov, Farhad, 2008. "Theorems on the core of an economy with infinitely many commodities and consumers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1180-1196, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.