Regulatory Policy in Ukraine: Current State and What Should be Done to Improve the Business Environment
The regulatory environment for businesses in Ukraine has been considered unfavorable and market unfriendly. Although various governments have made numerous efforts to improve it, many of these attempts have failed and increasing the quality of the regulatory environment in the country still remains on the agenda of the government. With this report we claim to review a set of measures undertaken in Ukraine after the Orange Revolution in the area of deregulation of business activity. The paper analyzes the effectiveness of actions undertaken in Ukraine in a general framework of successful regulatory policies implemented in other parts of the world. Based on this analysis we developed concrete public policy measures aiming to increase the quality of the regulatory environment in the country, which, in turn, should secure Ukraine’s further movement toward a real, functioning market economy.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Aleja Jana Pawla II, 61, 01-031 Warsaw|
Phone: +48 22 206 29 00
Fax: +48 22 206 29 01
Web page: http://www.case-research.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C.C. von Weizsaker, 1980. "A Welfare Analysis of Barriers to Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 399-420, Autumn.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"The Regulation of Entry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 1-37.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper 19462, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001. "The regulation of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2661, The World Bank.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1982. "Barriers to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 47-57, March.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vladimir Dubrovskiy, 2006. "Towards Effective Anti-Corruption Strategies in Ukraine: Removing the Cornerstone without Toppling the Building," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0322, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sec:cnstan:0324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Polak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.