Earnings Management in Nonprofit Organizations: Does Governmental Financing Play a Role?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Verbruggen, Sandra & Christiaens, Johan, 2010. "Earnings Management in Nonprofit Organizations: Does Governmental Financing Play a Role?," Working Papers 2010/35, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fields, Thomas D. & Lys, Thomas Z. & Vincent, Linda, 2001. "Empirical research on accounting choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 255-307, September.
- Brickley, James A & Van Horn, R Lawrence, 2002. "Managerial Incentives in Nonprofit Organizations: Evidence from Hospitals," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 227-249, April.
- Burgstahler, David & Dichev, Ilia, 1997. "Earnings management to avoid earnings decreases and losses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-126, December.
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-492, April.
- S. Verbruggen & J. Christiaens & K. Milis, 2009. "Can resource dependence and coercive isomorphism explain nonprofit organizations’ compliance with reporting standards?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/616, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- McNichols, Maureen F., 2000. "Research design issues in earnings management studies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 313-345.
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "Erratum to "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?": [Internat. J. of Ind. Organization 20(4) (2002) 461-492]," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1059-1059, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:10/665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.