A Brief Guide for the Creation of Author-specific Citation Metrics and Publication Data Using the Thomson Reuters Web of Science and Scopus Databases
The objective of this guide is twofold. First, it shall enable interested readers to understand and reproduce the process of collecting author-specific citation metrics and publication data from the Thomson Reuters Web of Science and Scopus databases that is adopted in Andreoli-Versbach and Mueller-Langer (2013). Second, it presents the problems faced during the data collection process and the refined method of data collection we adopt to address related concerns. Thereby, it may serve interested readers as a guideline to accurately and efficiently retrieve citation metrics and publication information from Thomson Reuters Web of Science and Scopus in similar endeavors.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ratswd.de/eng/index.htmlEmail: |
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey L. Furman & Scott Stern, 2011. "Climbing atop the Shoulders of Giants: The Impact of Institutions on Cumulative Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1933-63, August.
- repec:cmi:wpaper:cemi-workingpaper-2008-007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Andreoli-Versbach & Frank Mueller-Langer, 2013.
"Open Access to Data: An Ideal Professed but not Practised,"
Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data
215, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick & Mueller-Langer, Frank, 2014. "Open access to data: An ideal professed but not practised," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1621-1633.
- Mark J. McCabe, 2002. "Journal Pricing and Mergers: A Portfolio Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 259-269, March.
- Gaulé, Patrick & Maystre, Nicolas, 2011.
"Getting cited: Does open access help?,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1332-1338.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsw:rswwps:rswwps228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RatSWD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.