General Economic Equilibrium: Purpose, Analytic Techniques, Collective Choice
Lecture to the memory of Alfred Nobel, December 12, 1972
Keywords: general equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1974. "General Economic Equilibrium: Purpose, Analytic Techniques, Collective Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 253-272, June.
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willem K. M. Brauers, 2012. "Project Management for a Country with Multiple Objectives," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 80-101, March.
- Roman M. Sheremeta, 2016.
"Impulsive Behavior in Competition: Testing Theories of Overbidding in Rent-Seeking Contests,"
16-21, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Sheremeta, Roman, 2016. "Impulsive Behavior in Competition: Testing Theories of Overbidding in Rent-Seeking Contests," MPRA Paper 73731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2013. "Resource Return on Investment under Markup Pricing," MPRA Paper 49154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2015. "A Portfolio Equilibrium Model of Gold and Capital in an Integrated Walrasian General Equilibrium and Neoclassical Growth Theory," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(12), pages 616-627, December.
- Ariel Dvoskin & Fabio Petri, 2015. "Again on the relevance of reverse capital deepening and reswitching," Department of Economics University of Siena 710, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Marchionatti, Roberto & Mornati, Fiorenzo, 2014. "Economic Theories in Competition. A New Narrative of the Debate on General Economic Equilibrium Theory in the 1930s," CESMEP Working Papers 201404, University of Turin.
- Marchionatti, Roberto & Mornati, Fiorenzo, 2014. "Economic Theories in Competition. A New Narrative of the Debate on General Economic Equilibrium Theory in the 1930s," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201436, University of Turin.
- Bjarne S. Jensen & Ulla Lehmijoki, 2011. "Homothetic Multisector Growth Models," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_001, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Taisei Kaizoji, 2016. "Toward Economics as a New Complex System," Papers 1611.05280, arXiv.org.
- Guoqiang Tian, 2016. "On the existence of price equilibrium in economies with excess demand functions," Economic Theory Bulletin, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(1), pages 5-16, April.
- Tian, Guoqiang, 2010. "On the Existence of Price Equilibrium in Economies with Excess Demand Functions," MPRA Paper 57930, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2014.
- Nathalie Berta, 2016. "On the definition of externality as a missing market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01277990, HAL.
- Annie-Lou Cot & Jérôme Lallement, 2006. "1859-1959 : de Walras à Debreu, un siècle d'équilibre général," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(3), pages 377-388.
- Victor Olkhov, 2017. "Econophysics of Macroeconomics: "Action-at-a-Distance" and Waves," Papers 1702.02763, arXiv.org.
- Zhang Wei-Bin, 2014. "Land Value and Rent Dynamics in an Integrated Walrasian General Equilibrium and Neoclassical Growth Theory," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 61(2), pages 235-258, December.
- Chenggang Xu, 2017. "Capitalism and Socialism: A Review of Kornai's Dynamism, Rivalry, and the Surplus Economy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 55(1), pages 191-208, March.
- Nathalie Berta, 2016. "On the definition of externality as a missing market," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16007, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Elisha A. Pazner, 1975. "Equity Foundations of Welfare Economics," Discussion Papers 190, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2014. "A Study of the Role of Government in Income and Wealth Distribution by Integrating the Walrasian General Equilibrium and Neoclassical Growth Theories," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 12(1), pages 28-45.
- Zhang, W.-B., 2014. "Ethnic Human Capital Externalities and Inequality in a General Equilibrium Growth Model," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 33-54.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:nobelp:1972_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed