Modelling and Forecasting the Metical-Rand Exchange Rate
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Samuel Zita & Rangan Gupta, 2008. "Modeling and Forecasting the Metical-Rand Exchange Rate," The IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 63-90, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Clement Kyei & Mark E. Wohar, 2016.
"Does Economic Policy Uncertainty Predict Exchange Rate Returns and Volatility? Evidence from a Nonparametric Causality-in-Quantiles Test,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 229-250, April.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Clement Kyei & Mark Wohar, 2015. "Does Economic Policy Uncertainty Predict Exchange Rate Returns and Volatility? Evidence from a Nonparametric Causality-in-Quantiles Test," Working Papers 201599, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Riane de Bruyn & Rangan Gupta & Renee van Eyden, 2013. "Forecasting The Rand-Dollar And Rand-Pound Exchange Rates Using Dynamic Model Averaging," Working Papers 201307, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Rangan Gupta & Sonali Das, 2010.
"Predicting Downturns in the US Housing Market: A Bayesian Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 294-319, October.
- Rangan Gupta & Sonali Das, 2008. "Predicting Downturns in the US Housing Market: A Bayesian Approach," Working Papers 200821, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:51:y:2015:i:3:p:502-524 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hyeyoen Kim & Doojin Ryu, 2013. "Forecasting Exchange Rate from Combination Taylor Rule Fundamental," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(S4), pages 81-92, September.
- Riané de Bruyn & Rangan Gupta & Reneé van Eyden, 2015. "Can We Beat the Random-Walk Model for the South African Rand--U.S. Dollar and South African Rand--UK Pound Exchange Rates? Evidence from Dynamic Model Averaging," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 502-524, May.
More about this item
KeywordsForecast Accuracy; Metical-Rand Exchange Rate; Random Walk; Sticky-Price Model; VAR Forecasts; VECM Forecasts;
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-11-17 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2007-11-17 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FOR-2007-11-17 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2007-11-17 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pre:wpaper:200702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rangan Gupta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decupza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.