Do sustainability policies finance local economies?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Adrian & Stirling, Andy & Berkhout, Frans, 2005. "The governance of sustainable socio-technical transitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1491-1510, December.
- Capacci, Sara & Scorcu, Antonello E. & Vici, Laura, 2015. "Seaside tourism and eco-labels: The economic impact of Blue Flags," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 88-96.
- Lucrezi, Serena & Saayman, Melville & Van der Merwe, Peet, 2015. "Managing beaches and beachgoers: Lessons from and for the Blue Flag award," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 211-230.
- Bernini, Cristina & Pellegrini, Guido, 2013. "Is subsidising tourism firms an effective use of public funds?," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 156-167.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1161-1189, July.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," NBER Technical Working Papers 0251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Imbens, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1166, Econometric Society.
- Paker, Neslihan & Vural, Ceren Altuntaş, 2016. "Customer segmentation for marinas: Evaluating marinas as destinations," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 156-171.
- Kosuke Imai & Marc Ratkovic, 2014. "Covariate balancing propensity score," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 76(1), pages 243-263, January.
- Xu, Yiqing, 2017. "Generalized Synthetic Control Method: Causal Inference with Interactive Fixed Effects Models," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Logar, Ivana, 2010. "Sustainable tourism management in Crikvenica, Croatia: An assessment of policy instruments," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 125-135.
- Geels, Frank W., 2004. "From sectoral systems of innovation to socio-technical systems: Insights about dynamics and change from sociology and institutional theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 897-920, September.
- Geels, Frank W. & Schot, Johan, 2007. "Typology of sociotechnical transition pathways," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 399-417, April.
- Taisuke Otsu & Yoshiyasu Rai, 2017.
"Bootstrap Inference of Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(520), pages 1720-1732, October.
- Taisuke Otsu & Yoshiyasu Rai, 2015. "Bootstrap inference of matching estimators for average treatment effects," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2015/580, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, María Angélica & Robalino, Juan & Alpízar, Francisco & Rivera, Jorge, 2014.
"Does Tourism Eco-Certification Pay? Costa Rica’s Blue Flag Program,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 41-52.
- Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, María Angélica & Robalino, Juan & Alpízar, Francisco & Rivera, Jorge, 2012. "Does Tourism Eco-Certification Pay? Costa Rica’s Blue Flag Program," Discussion Papers dp-12-50, Resources For the Future.
- McKenna, John & Williams, Allan T. & Cooper, J. Andrew G., 2011. "Blue Flag or Red Herring: Do beach awards encourage the public to visit beaches?," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 576-588.
- Kunapatarawong, Rasi & Martínez-Ros, Ester, 2016. "Towards green growth: How does green innovation affect employment?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1218-1232.
- Rigall-I-Torrent, Ricard & Fluvià, Modest & Ballester, Ramon & Saló, Albert & Ariza, Eduard & Espinet, Josep-Maria, 2011. "The effects of beach characteristics and location with respect to hotel prices," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1150-1158.
- Stucki, Tobias, 2019. "Which firms benefit from investments in green energy technologies? – The effect of energy costs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 546-555.
- Markard, Jochen & Raven, Rob & Truffer, Bernhard, 2012. "Sustainability transitions: An emerging field of research and its prospects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 955-967.
- Rogge, Karoline S. & Reichardt, Kristin, 2016. "Policy mixes for sustainability transitions: An extended concept and framework for analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1620-1635.
- Florian Kern & Michael Howlett, 2009. "Implementing transition management as policy reforms: a case study of the Dutch energy sector," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 42(4), pages 391-408, November.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amelia Bilbao-Terol & Celia Bilbao-Terol, 2020. "Measuring the Economic Impact of a Voluntary Sustainable Tourism Certification," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-18, July.
More about this item
Keywordssustainability policy; eco-label; transition management; policy evaluation method;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:91882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.